[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/ what's the best Alfa usb network adapter for GN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: AWUS036NHA.jpg (176 KB, 1927x1227) Image search: [Google]
AWUS036NHA.jpg
176 KB, 1927x1227
hey /g/ what's the best Alfa usb network adapter for GNU/ Linux in the current market. I might play with some wifi cracking for giggles and leeching off wifi sometimes (poorfag with data cap) so I'm set on buying a AWUS036NHA AR9271
[https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Wireless_adapters/Chipset_table] what do you guys think? Is it worth the few stacks what might should I buy for something else that's best for me or is this alright. Is there something better? That is compatible with GNU/Linux of course.

Also, wifi craking thread.
>>
Sorry if my question sounds illiterate but I very much need a network adapter as soon as possible for personal reasons. My ISP is dying on me so I have limited time to browse the web.
>>
File: 1464822338192.jpg (111 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464822338192.jpg
111 KB, 810x1080
>>55024891
If your not cracking wireless networks then why does it matter you do realize that that wireless card is only popular with the kids who think it's the best wireless card for cracking wifi.
>>
>>55025242
Well the distance from my house near the coffee shop that offers free wifi is a bit far away so I need an Alfa to leach of the access from the network.

P.S. Is this illegal?
>>
>>55025342
you want a high gain antenna then
>>
It'll work, have fun
>>
I use the AWUS036NHR v.2. No problems using it with Kali and cracking networks. It works well with a cantenna.
>>
>>55025342
The question lays on how many feet are we looking at and how much stuff is blocking the line of view depending on the kinda router and where the router is at will also play a key role in how good of a signal your gonna get.
I mean your also better using something like.. a Biquad :B Check ebay with something like that you can almost pick up networks up to 1 mile away.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.