[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is an i7-2600 good enough for video editing and not bottle-necking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is an i7-2600 good enough for video editing and not bottle-necking the new gpus?
>>
Save the extra 50 bucks and get the i7-2600k idiot
>>
>>55020112
I already own it
>>
>>55020112
Save the extra $100 and get a 6700K idiot.
>>
Get the K series.

Overclock

Get the same performance as the current gen

????

Profit
>>
I'm not sure, let me ask my sister.
>>
OP here, I already own this processor.
And I can OC it for a bit, but not much.
>>
>>55020135
fuck off man, you are spaming this shit everywhere
>>
Bad news OP. I asked my sister and she just told me to fuck off. Guess I won't be much help here, sorry.
>>
>>55020139
I use to buy K series for that meme too until I realized I don't have the time nor the money to actually overclock a system to a meaningful degree.
>>
>>55020176
>feeding troll
>>
Which will perform better?
I7 870 at 4.2ghz(what I have now)
Or i7 2600 (which I can get cheap from a mate)
>>
>>55021521
Maybe there are benchmarks.
>>
>>55021529
Good idea.

Looks like the i7 870 is the better option. Thanks anon.
>>
>>55020136
Yeah, why the fuck would you buy outdated tech when you can spend the same for something twice as good.

I don't understand this near autistic obsession with using deprecated shit as a daily driver
>>
>>55020135
Kill yourself.
>>
>>55021599
BUT MUH WINDOWS XP
>>
>>55021563
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-870-vs-Intel-Core-i7-2600K
>>
>>55020252
with sandy bridge you can literally just change 4 settings. turbo max mult 45x, vcore 1.4V, aggressive LLC, change turbo setting to always use the max turbo speed. this will work with almost every 2600K. it takes maybe 2 minutes and you get 20% more performance for it. rock solid stability.

>>55021563
2600 can be overclocked up to 4 bins above the stock turbo mult. (4.2GHz) 2600 would be roughly 10-15% faster per clock than the 870. to match the 2600 OC'd, you'd need to run the 870 at 4.6GHz, but 10% is such a small difference that you probably wouldn't even notice a change.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.