[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bored >interested in learning back-end server programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 01.png (250 KB, 677x539) Image search: [Google]
01.png
250 KB, 677x539
>bored
>interested in learning back-end server programming
>boot into my old linux partition believing that it would be the best place to start
>spend more time fixing shit and ricing xfce
>went back to windows and cygwin and immediately started being productive with nodejs

does anyone else here come back to linux from time to time but only to leave in disappointment every time?
>>
please don't rile the autists.
>>
File: latest.jpg (212 KB, 544x408) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
212 KB, 544x408
>>55019432
>I use nodejs so therefore I'm better than you
>>
Why do people still fucking use cygwin when git for windows exists
>>
>>55019432
Fedora has been my DD for three years, and in those three years I've gone from failing at a four year degree to working four days a week as a network "engineer" without a degree.
>>
>breaking shit in the first place
>wasting more time than necessary to get the desktop setup how you want it

yeah, just stay on windoze pham. sounds more your speed.
>>
>>55019432
>nodejs

yeah that's your problem.
>>
>>55019432
>cygwin

You fucked up. The correct compatibility layer to use is msys2.
>>
>>55019545
It's not in stable win 10 yet, just the preview branch
>>
>>55019432
>productive
>nodejs
so your a web"dev"(designer) that wants to try building whole stack with nodejs?

>does anyone else here come back to linux from time to time but only to leave in disappointment every time?

the only reason you seem to not be able to work with linux is that you need a fancy gui

maybe you should try apple i heard you get a free dildo with it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.