[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Free Software developers so keen on aiding criminals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (114 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
114 KB, 400x225
Why are Free Software developers so keen on aiding criminals?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USBKill

>The program's developer, created it in response to the circumstances of the arrest of Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht, during which U.S. federal agents were able to get access to incriminating evidence on his laptop without needing his cooperation by copying data from its flash drive after distracting him

>Sympathizes with Ross Ulbricht, millionaire druglord who has placed multiple hits on his competitors

This leads me to believe that Free Software users be monitored by FBI and other law enforcement agencies.
>>
>>55018519
Why are gun enthusiasts so keen on aiding criminals?
>>
Most FOSS supporters consider privacy an unspoken fifth freedom. Anyway, if you're paranoid set your user agent to Ubuntu or windows.
>>
>>55018519
It's a step to thwart malicious agents from tampering with your privacy and freedom on your computer.

By your account all software that can stop federal agents or impede investigation is only useful to pedos, drug cartels, and terrorists.

Normal people have a right to privacy just as much as people doing illegal activities do.
>>
All the privacy software in the world won't help complete fucking idiot criminals with shitty opsec like dpr
>>
>>55018519
nice bait faggot
>>
Just checked out the wiki page. Looks like good software. Is it obvious it's installed? I doubt the feds would be thwarted by the software if it's obvious that it's installed.
>>
Why is the Effing-Bee-Eye so keen
on protecting corporate profits?
(spoiler) it's the money
>>
Why are governments so keen on making things illegal?
>>
>>55018519
>who has placed multiple hits on his competitors

Weren't most of these dropped with one of them left in legal limbo after they smeared him in the media as some psychotic kingpin?
>>
>>55018519
Fuck off fascist scum
>>
Ulbricht's arrest revealed a threat vector.
Software to address this problem was created.
>>
>>55023460
Ulbricht shouldn't have left his computer unwatched without locking it. He shouldn't even have brought such important files with him. No software can fix stupid.
>>
>>55018519
Why have all these totally not federal agents been making threads lately?
>>
>>55023481
JTRIG and it's nothing new
>>
>>55023479
He was just naive. It happens to a lot of criminals after they get away with stuff for a while they start to think they are invincible and then they get sloppy and make mistakes.

It didn't help that ulbritch wasnt really much of a gentooman to begin with, I think he even posted a question about php on stackoverflow under his real name or some shit lol.
>>
>>55023479
This.

The FBI are fucking idiots.
>>
>>55018544
Y wat m9?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.