[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Way To Patch 7 Without Windows Update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: c01923486.gif (24 KB, 420x274) Image search: [Google]
c01923486.gif
24 KB, 420x274
The built in windows update is always a pain in the ass not to mention it always forgetting things I want to hide like the telemetry updates if I ever need to clear the history and stuff in order to fix it. What's the best alt method so I can at least get some security patches?
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
WSUS Offline Update
>>
>>55012860
Install Windows 10.
>>
>>55012872
I'm not getting 10 those are the other patches I'm wanting to hide I don't want 10.
>>55012865
Lol of course meme
>>55012868
I guess I can look into this.
>>
>>55012885
WSUS is legit. I think it's designed for IT people to conveniently deploy updates across a bunch of machines.

Basically how it works is you run updategenerator.exe and it fetches all the patches from MS (which is a fuckton), including SP1. Then you go into the \client directory and run updateinstaller.exe. If you allow it to do the reboots automatically, it's ridiculously convenient. You just hit "go" and it installs the patches all in one go.
>>
the updater works fine as long as you manually install the first 2 or 3 updates from a fresh install. then it will grab the next batch of 180 or whatever updates and install them.

the telemetry ones remain hidden, its the 3035583 update that they keep republishing which unhides it.
>>
>>55012977
Well it's also that windows update likes to break for me sometimes or take for fuck ever just to get the update list.
>>
>>55012860
WSUS Offline Update
Then run voat●co/v/technology/comments/853510 to remove spyware
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.