[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to make HTTPS requests to a web API from an app but I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: network.png (8 KB, 814x407) Image search: [Google]
network.png
8 KB, 814x407
I need to make HTTPS requests to a web API from an app but I have some identity data that I cannot distribute with the binaries for security reasons, so I have to set up a server from which to make the requests.

Problem is I barely know anything about web servers.
How do I handle
>receiving the requests from the clients
>making http requests
>sending back the result

On the client side I have an asynchronous function which fires a callback method once it gets a reply, but right now the function is doing a "sleep_for" a few hundred milliseconds and returning a dummy value.

I'm not asking for a solution I don't want to be spoonfed, all I'm asking is what language or framework should I be using. First thought was Java with Spark.

Scalability doesn't matter, I doubt I'll even get 10 clients making a request at the same time.
>>
>>55007597
i dont see what the issue is.
what data is being exchanged between the two servers? why cant you include the functionality in the function you talk about? why the need for yet another framework/language?
>>
>>55007597
Use Python, it's all in the standard library.
>>
>>55007597
install gentoo
>>
>>55007597
Use a forward proxy that allows you to modify headers and maybe content. node-http-proxy is good. You could also try squid
>>
>>55009472
O shit nigga. I didn't read HTTPS request. Will you be able to install certs on your users phones?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.