[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OLED TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (893 KB, 1024x610) Image search: [Google]
image.png
893 KB, 1024x610
I'm in the market for a new tv. What can you guys recommend in the 4-5k$ range? Requirements:

OLED
UHD 4K
65"+
>>
>>55005108
>spending $4000 on a TV that will die in a year
>>
>spending $5k now when REC.2020 is right around the corner
>>
>>55005130
Why will it die in a year, plz be specific? What do you recommend then?
>>
Why the fuck do normies spend so much on TVs when all they watch is horribly compressed netflix on them?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>55005293
I don't know but I need a future proof tv primarily for 4K gaming and also to use this with for extra realism. Pic related.
>>
>>55005342
>tv
>gaming
What board are you from anon cuz it sure as hell ain't this one

Find a large monitor that you can hang from your wall if that's your purpose

Televisions aren't good for GAYMEN, lots of input lag
>>
>>55005495
No I'm on here first time. So for gaming you recommend a monitor then? How big do those even get...? This is console gaming btw.
>>
>>55005565
Don't get a console either.
The only way I'd recommend console is if you want to play with friends and they're all on console.
Also consoles can barely handle it 1080p lol. Only thing is some Televisions have some 4k upscaling. I haven't seen it but I assume it's shit, and I know for a fact this process has input lag.
If you want real 4k prepare to spend more money on a computer. A 980ti will handle it fine, and you can just cheapest and buy used on everything else, minus the processor.
>>
I have an Alienware as money isn't an issue. That part of my man cave is handled. I'm trying to future proof my consoles where I do my racing. Console add ins will be able to handle 4K within a couple years. I researched some tvs and there are lower input lag tvs out there, in the 15-20ms range. Nothing too killer.
>>
>>55005656
>alienware
Lol
Op just get a TV with low ms, that's all the advice you need
>>
>>55005767
Why lol? I've had it for 3 years and can still play any new game at 50+ fps. I know building ur own is cheaper, but like I said money isn't an issue and I love the way it looks better than some box.
>>
Do they really burn out that fast or is that just a meme?
>>
quality baiting so far OP good job :^)
gotta keep those retards who don't understand they're being trolled busy
>>
Now fuck off
>>
>>55005767
>hating alienware
Where did all these dumbfucks come from?
You can't get a more portable gaming laptop with a long lasting battery anywhere else.
>>
>>55006402
>portable gaming laptop

do cucks really fall for this?
>>
>>55005149
>2020
>right around the corner
>>
>>55005108
Hey OP, I'd like to give you my opinion.

OLED tv's have great inage quality, but for the expense of being organic.. which measn that the colors decay after time and use, so this is not a good "futureproof" option.

Gaming on a console is completely fine, but consoles now and in the near future won't be able to play games smoothly at 4K, hell even the latest graphics card from Nvidia (GTX 1080) struggles to mantain 60fps at 4K. And it's about $700USD

Also, that is a LOT of money for a TV, have you looked into projectors? Sony makes some pretty dammn good ones at 4k 60fps for about $3k and i might be wrong but there wasn't that much imput lag.

Another option is find a LED LCD 4k that supports 4k@60fps 4:4:4
With low imput lag.Which i have had quite some truble to find actually.

And yeah, if you're willing to spend that much on a TV I'd seriously recommend you to build a gaming PC.

And I'd wait for the benchmarks of the AMD RX480 Crossfire and the higher tier graphics cards to make the best purchase.
>>
>>55006402
Ahahahaahahahahahahhaa
>>
>>55009149
Finally someone that actually wants to help. I think I'll take your advice on just finding an LeD LCD tv since I can get them for a third of the price and in a few years maybe update to a newer one with the new technology.
>>
>>55005108

The only OLED tvs on market now are LG. Last gen models are constantly going on sale 55" for $1900, 65" for $3000. Check Adorama or Beach Camera on ebay. If you're not in north america, tough luck.
>>
>not VR
>>
>>55012061
Does a 40" Oled TV realease any time soon?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.