[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all day battery life >but only if you do literally nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: all day.jpg (42 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
all day.jpg
42 KB, 770x433
>all day battery life
>but only if you do literally nothing on it

Why did I buy into this meme? The most I get out of it is 2 or 3 hours of development work.

Why is Apple so misleading in their advertising? I only noticed the "(up to)" in their advertising after I impulse-bought my laptop.
>>
>>54994056
>misleading

Not for its intended audience of facebook surfers
>>
>complain about getting shit battery life when the cpu is constantly maxed out

kys
>>
>>54994056
Think different (special)
>>
>>54994089
this.

>>54994056
OP if you're constantly compiling and you dont have your shit plugged in you're actually retarded.
>>
Mac OS X battery management is abysmal.
After all, it was once a operative system intended for workstations, so they didn't even thought about adding a better battery management (Next). Now it's too late.
>>
File: football.jpg (81 KB, 605x657) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
81 KB, 605x657
It seems like a joke, but
>>54994076 is actually almost completely correct.
When they say "all day battery life", they expect that most people using it unplugged will be instant messaging, listening to music, surfing the web, & cetera. The most intensive thing would typically be watching movies on long flights or road trips.

To be fair, no laptop with a purported "all day battery life" will live up to its advertising if you're rendering videos and reviewing 3D architecture blueprints; this is as true for Apple as it is for Lenovo or HP.

tl;dr, you're a ding-dong for getting your hopes up.
>>
>>54994119
It's not my choice. Management insisted everyone use Macs for development work because they're more "productive" and imperative for company "security".

Everyone had to buy their own machines because the company's tanking. And if you didn't switch to a "secure" OS/hardware, you'd get fired... and I'm not exactly in the position to say no to that, since I'm desperate for work.

And the reason I have a laptop instead of a desktop Mac is because, fuck it, if I was going to waste that kind of money, I might as well have something portable. Plus it's the first laptop I've ever owned.

Someone kill me.
>>
>>54994178
See >>54994226.

Also, even on my days off where I spend all the damn day on the internet, the battery life is pretty bad. It's maybe 4 or 5 hours.
>>
>>54994249
Maybe you should use the diagnosis tools to see what's using up so much CPU time because I can tell you with certainty that Web browsing at a reasonable brightness should last you over 6 hours when the Razer Blade can go 5 hours on a smaller battery.
>>
>>54994056
>misleading in their advertising
Because that's how advertising works.
>>
Wtf are you doing? What do you have e installed? I get around 7 hours normal usage (videos from my NAS).
>>
Definitely not all day. MacBook users power through their machines. End up getting six to seven and taking it to a "Genius" to get fixed.
>>
File: 1442712419497.png (524 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1442712419497.png
524 KB, 1440x900
>>54994056
>>
File: 1458829012845.png (860 KB, 841x720) Image search: [Google]
1458829012845.png
860 KB, 841x720
>>54994056
>using a facebook machine for non-facebook tasks
>>
>>54994226
> Management insisted everyone use Macs for development work
> Everyone had to buy their own machines
Holy fuck. Are you an employee? Low battery life is the least of your problems.
>>
>>54994633
>Are you an employee?

Probably not for long... I don't see the bullshit management is pulling being very sustainable.

It's also one of the worst cases of nepotism I've ever seen. And I wouldn't be surprised if the higher-ups' friends got free Macshit while everyone else had to pay for their own.
>>
>>54994056
6-7h for terminal, safari and music. rocks!
>>
Stop using Chrome if you want the advertised battery life, fuckstick.

Also quit your job and commit seppuku.
>>
>>54994056
>needs all day battery life
>doesn't buy a laptop with swappable battery.

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>54994562
/thread
>>
>>54994056
>The most I get out of it is 2 or 3 hours of development work.
Nigga you're a liar.
>>
>>54994832
i get 8+ hours with my toshiba chromebook 2 doing that
>>
>>54994226
>development
>Mac
>I'm desperate for work

Yep.
>>
File: 1465166441366.jpg (8 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
1465166441366.jpg
8 KB, 296x296
>compiling on a portable machine
you could've got a cheapass arm chromebook and for the rest of the money build a server that does all the hard work and just use ssh
>>
>>54994974
Why the fuck would I compile on a ChromeBook?

And servers are too "insecure" for our company because management thinks that unless a machine always has eyeballs looking at its screen while it's powered-on, then viruses will magically creep-in while nobody's looking.

Someone. Fucking. Kill. Me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.