[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ I recently moved from my country of origin to America.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-07-19-02.png (26 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-07-19-02.png
26 KB, 540x960
So /g/ I recently moved from my country of origin to America. Here I got a dumbphone with a SIM card and I was wondering how do I use my old smartphone with it.

I tried putting the new sim on my old smartphone but it's asking for an unlock code. After a bit more research I found that you need the IMEI number in order to find your unlock code. I googled everything but all I get is shady sites asking for cash to send you an unlock code or outdated software that does not have my phone in their banks.

I wanna know /g/ how do you /g/ents unlock sim codes? Is there a special software needed to do it or is there another way?

I wanna find the correct unlock code for my phone. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
Your smartphone is locked to your carrier. You can call your old carrier and ask them for the unlock code, they should provide it for free (if you don't owe them any money)
>>
>>54992499
I had to cancel my contract cause I moved suddenly cause I got a job opening. Anyway to get the code w/o dealing with my old carrier?
>>
>>54992529
You have to deal with one of those "shady" sites and pay money for an unlock code. Plenty of them advertise on ebay, find one with good feedback and pay for it.
There is no way to do it for free, accessing the manufacturer's database where the unlock codes are kept costs a lot of money, which is why they charge you.
>>
>>54992566
I see, well wish me luck then. Going to wait until my paycheck to do this but thanks for at least clarifying how the system works.
>>
>>54992590
No problem. I did it myself for an xperia Z2 through ebay and it all worked flawlessly.
>>
>>54992601
I got an Xperia M2 so it will probably be similar.

Going to also try my local phone shop and ask around.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.