[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How valuable is the Comptia A+ certificate when it comes to getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 805.jpg (299 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
805.jpg
299 KB, 3300x2550
How valuable is the Comptia A+ certificate when it comes to getting a job?

Do companies actually give a shit about stuff like that?

Anybody have experience getting a job with similar certifications?
>>
>>54980828
I once heard an HR/interviewer here on /g/ say that a CompTIA A+ was basically the equivalent of having 6 months worth of experience. And after that, it basically means nothing.

Might be a good idea if you're trying to get your foot in the door and have nothing to show for it yet.
>>
Just get an entry level job in IT and work at it for a year. That counts as an A+.
>>
should i get A+ first or just get Security Plus?
>>
File: help desk.jpg (227 KB, 922x710) Image search: [Google]
help desk.jpg
227 KB, 922x710
>>54980847

I've been doing help desk for 1.5 years now (two different jobs, fucking kill me) and yeah A+ I got pretty much all the experience worth. Still I might get an A+ and a Network+, or something like the CCENT/CCNA to give me some kind of fucking edge. Everytime a desktop support job opens up at my job every fucker in the help desk applies for it. Gotta get an edge on those fuckers somehow.

I want to be the one that fucking people jealous angry of "how he got out and I didn't." While at the same time smiling at me and saying "congrats anon I am truly happy for you."

I unloaded a lot

>>54980828
just remember the 801/802 is on its way out like in less than a month I think, the 901/902 was just recently released. You can catch the new books on amazon w/e
>>
>>54981940
If you have the understanding of A+ and network+, than yeah go for Security+.
>>
thanks
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.