[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: unimpressed.jpg (114 KB, 851x478) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.jpg
114 KB, 851x478
yfw
>>
>>54979371

his mom is a qt
>>
File: 1451273001711.gif (3 MB, 225x180) Image search: [Google]
1451273001711.gif
3 MB, 225x180
>>54979371
>bsd
>cuck license
>cuck developers
>cuck os

You can't make this shit up.
>>
link?
>>
>bsd struggles to run modern applications
uhm, ok. So, what is modern? the Versionnumber?
>often requires alot of effort to run a program
like.. what? almost everything i installed on FreeBSD or NetBSD just ran without effort, just typed 1-2 commands
>the majority of programms that runs on linux without configuration requires recompilation of the kernel
I don't get it. You "can" run linux binaries on FreeBSD (https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/linux-emulation/article.html), not every, but almost everything, and that doesn't require recompilation
>many applications often cause crashes
i barely remember real crashes but the stupid USB problem on FreeBSD
>BSD Developers use OSX for daily usage
Just like alot of LInux developers run their shit on Macbooks and just crosscompile, so what?
>leads to another problem in which developers thest their software by running them in VMWare
Wow, really? Where does this kid get his Informations?
>In contrast linux developers never encounter such problems
Right, thats why Linux is bugfree

At this point i have to stop, such bullshitmess and now he even talks about the Kernelarchitectures where he simply didn't even get the basics... I totally forgot about this dumbfuck and now i regret visting /g/
>>
>>54979448
>>cuck license
Literally how?
The BSD license is the only "true" license that doesn't put a shotgun to developers heads
>>
File: .jpg (584 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
584 KB, 1280x720
is he autistic?
>>
>>54979656
What, the original developer or derivative developers?

The original developer can do whatever the fuck she likes regardless. That's how copyright law works. Qt is licenced as both GPL and a proprietary licence IIRC.
The derivative developers are only required to pass on the same rights they received from the original developer. Hardly 'a shotgun to their heads'.
>>
>>54979371
>he doesn't know that OpenBSD devs ACTIVELY DOGFOOD THEIR OWN FUCKING SYSTEM
>>
File: 1464319772882.jpg (13 KB, 283x188) Image search: [Google]
1464319772882.jpg
13 KB, 283x188
>>54979371
>Reliability...BSD developers use Mac OS for daily usage and even when developing BSD
>>
File: 1463948925472.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1463948925472.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>54979656
>The BSD license is the only "true" license that doesn't put a shotgun to developers heads
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.