[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Go confirmed for retards >The key point here is our programmers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 2012-03-28-googlego.png (21 KB, 600x212) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-28-googlego.png
21 KB, 600x212
Go confirmed for retards
>The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt. -- Rob Pike
>>
>>54969873
Go is pretty neat. You aught to try it Anon. It will only take you two hours to learn it and to begin getting productive with it.

Even if you end up tossing the sodding language soon afterwards, you can still take away some ideas that you can try to apply to your regular programming activities.

Seriously, it takes about 2 hours to get productive in it, and there's isn't a terrible amount to learn.
>>
>>54969873
not really a bad idea.
>>
>>54969873
I don't get it. Is he saying that just because they are right out of school with little knowledge, that instead of letting them learn through experience to just give them an easy language and never challenge them?

Pretty arrogant.
>>
Actually, Go is one of the better-designed languages (aside from some minor idiosyncrasies) I've used.
>>
File: ijhzrm.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ijhzrm.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Uncomfortable truth: the only people who complain about Go are the people who can't get over themselves long enough to write a decent-sized project in it.
>>
So uh, what's wrong with getting unskilled people to write good software?
>>
>>54970062
>I don't get it
You sure don't
>>
>>54973385
Ooh, you got him good, bud.
>>
>>54969924
no generics
>>
>>54973631
http://blog.jonathanoliver.com/golang-has-generics/
>>
>>54969873
>They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language

Implying Rob Pike can.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.