[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, /g/, what's the best way to minimize buzz/hiss interference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Yo, /g/, what's the best way to minimize buzz/hiss interference when using onboard sound? Just upgraded my shit (Core i7-6700K on a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 board), and suddenly I've got way more than on my old setup for some reason. Tried switching between front panel (makes an ungodly noise) and back panel (makes a buzzy hum, more pronounced when playing games). Assuming it's something to do with board-level interference, where would I go about starting to track that down?
>>
just get a USB DAC
>>
>>54968946
USB DAC's are retarded.
A 60€ PCI-E Creative card will do fine.
>>
>>54968971
It's the same shit
>>
>>54969028
Not really, most basic argument is that USB DAC's are stereo (with multi channel USB DAC's being always low SQ), while anything with more channels you need a sound card.
Plus sound cards have better opamps, or upgradable opamps, better sound frequency recreation, aka deeper basses and better treble.
Minuses of USB DAC's are CPU cycles and latency at higer output frequencies.
Unless you use like really shitty headphones/speaker system a shitty DAC won't do.

Probably even better would be a HDMI receiver.
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>54969084
>>
>>54969140
Nice troll. Now fuck off.
>>
>>54969178
Not a troll

Why are you taking audio for your GAYMAN MUSHEEN so seriously? Are you a sound engineer?
>>
>>54969217
No, I'm not even one of those faggy audiophile who buys crystals for cables.
But nice sound quality is a great thing, just stating the facts of the options.
>>
>>54969246
Enjoy wasting your money
>>
>>54969328
There's not much difference money wise between a decent USB DAC and sound card. You use the same pair of headphones for both, or a computer sound system.

A HDMI receiver is a little more expensive but it's a must if you're going to listen to music with some big speakers.
>>
>>54968812

I am the mack daddy of Heimlich County, I play it straight up, yo. You get the hell out of my 'hood. She's my ho now.
>>
>>54969084
>what is a USB/ firewire/ thunderbolt interface

Internal soundcards are useless, senpai. Get over it. Interfaces have onboard soundcards, and usually do it better.

On the other hand, DAC's are usually just glorified amps, and the meme needs to die.
>>
>>54968812
>mothafuckawhatup.com
>source:mattisbollywood
Sorry OP, I didn't read your post
What's going on with this, though?
>>
>>54968971
The thing is, according to the spec sheet, the onboard audio is a Creative SoundCore 3D, I'm not a huge audio nut, but my hearing is stupid-good. Is the only option spending even more on random USB shit?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.