[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, any Googlers here? I have two Google interviews (post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Hey guys, any Googlers here?
I have two Google interviews (post recruiter meet'n greet) coming up and I wanted to snag as much advice as I could.

First interview is for the run of the mill Java dev position. All I know about it so far is that it's literally ground up from requirements gathering to post-launch maintenance.

Second interview is for an ads solution engineer position. I have zero information on this position besides that it's probably for google ads words work.
>>
just google it
>>
>>54966388
I sure hope you're not a white male. Even turning up for those interviews would be a hate crime.
>>
They're gonna drill you on what you claim to know make sure you know it.
>>
File: interview_score_sheet.png (283 KB, 835x2160) Image search: [Google]
interview_score_sheet.png
283 KB, 835x2160
>>54966388
>Gather requirements, no matter how simple the task first seems

Don't just assume that it's ok to write a single threaded, single machine, in-memory solution for non-adversarial 32bit inputs.

>Don't write shit code

Surprisingly, this often needs stating. Yes, it will be erased 5 minutes after you're done, but the fucking point of an interview is to show that you can write quality code.

>Don't be afraid to challenge the assignment

If the task could be made easier with slightly different input format, just ask. In the real world, there are no martyr points for silently suffering shitty data formats that the upstream can easily change.
>>
File: 4L_fw5pyLxM.png (821 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4L_fw5pyLxM.png
821 KB, 1024x768
>>54966388
Buy a dress, some makeup, a wig and trans with the quickness nigga. No white cis het male shall be hired by google in the year of social justice 2016.
>>
>>54967599
>dyed hair, beware
>those two numales
>all the meme spectacles on those ladies

They put the hot(?) one up front, except now it's painfully obvious that she has some kind of fucked up dent in her forehead. Srsly, the more I look at it, I think I might vomit.
>>
>>54967599
>sarkisijew

Someone please kill her.
>>
>>54968362
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

If something truly fucking triggers me in this fucking world, it's her. God, why the hell did I have to share my ethnicity with her. This bitch won't probably even marry or change her last name to get rid of that last fucking -ian. God why did my last name have to end with a stupid -ian too.

God, I hate my ethnicity now and for whatever it stands. Why the hell did Kardashians have to have that fucking -ian too. Fuck fuck fuck fuck,

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54967599
Haha who photoshopped moot into this?
>>
Yeah. Are you interviewing for an internship or a full-time position?

You'll need to be able to devise data structures and algorithms to solve problems posed to you in the interview, including writing the code on a whiteboard. Your whiteboard coding doesn't need to be fucking perfect but it does need to show that you can actually code (i.e. you can't pseudocode your algo).
>>
>>54969221

not a shoop, he literally works at google now.
>>
>>54969221
> moot

Literally who?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.