[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 piracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Why is it impossible to create exact 1:1 copy of PS4 or XBONE game bluray discs? (I assume it is impossible otherwise this kind of piracy would exist). I get that it is not possible on consumer burners, but why doesn't someone in China or somewhere create burner that would be able to replicate 100% identical disc?
>>
>>54963978
Because a console is not a computer and never will be and hundreds of millions go into making sure what you describe is never a reality.
>>
>>54964168
the question is not if but how
what makes a original bluray different from a copied one
>>
File: 107.webm (158 KB, 680x709) Image search: [Google]
107.webm
158 KB, 680x709
PS4 has HW DRM.

Sell your piss 4 and build an A8 APU desktop and get a graphics card for it later instead. You'll be able to use all the pirated pc games to your heart's content.

You'll also be able to use desktop to also do non-vydia stuff as well.
>>
>>54964168
> Because a console is not a computer
But it is.
> and hundreds of millions go into making sure what you describe is never a reality.
1.76 is jailbroken, kernel and userland exploits are there. 1.76 PS4 can run Linux, too.
>>54963978
> but why doesn't someone in China or somewhere create burner that would be able to replicate 100% identical disc?
Just google it.
> The Xbox 360 copy protection functions by requesting the DVD drive compute the angular distance between specific data sectors on the disc. A duplicated DVD will return different values than a pressed original would.
> The PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 use Blu-ray BD-ROM discs. In addition to any protection provided by the consoles themselves, the BD-ROM format's specification allows for a ROM-Mark which cannot be duplicated by consumer-level recorders.
> Only licensed BD-ROM manufacturers have access to the equipment that can make these unique ROM Marks, thus allowing authentic BD-ROM media like movies and music to be identified.
>>
>>54964514
thanks
>>
>>54964514
>PS4
>computer
kill yourself
>>
>>54964881
It literally is
>>
>>54963978
I'd also like to hear what prevents you from doing a bitwise copy. If consumer burners aren't doing it bit-by-bit correctly, then obviously the burners suck
>>
>>54963978
>Dreamcast did this
>Dreamcast lost sega all of its money
>>
why would you pirate games on ps4?
>>
Imagine you buy an empty CD-ROM. It's not totally empty, it has some basic info that tells the burner shit like "this is 20/80mm disc made by *company XYZ* that can fit 100/200/750/850 MB and the empty space starts from here ->"

And the original disc have something different burned in that place, that you can't with commercially available burners + you can't buy completely empty CDs anyway.

And that was 90s protection. Add to all that: >>54964514 and you see why it gets problematic.
>>
PS4 BD-ROM discs (and I assume Xbox One discs too) contain a 'ROM Mark.' Don't really understand the details, but it's a small encrypted portion of a Blu-Ray disc. The equipment needed to generate the ROM Mark is only available to licenced manufacturers, presumably being unavailable to the public. If a disk is missing the ROM Mark, it is rejected by the console. Presumably it's decrypted and read by the console too, but like I said, I don't really understand the details.
>>
genuinely interested, but I like the PS4 and like supporting it.

it's allowing us to game GTAV (etc) on BSD/UNIX, how awesome is that?

definitely worth the money, I say.
>>
>>54965398
Bitches love ps4 games
>>
File: laughing crocs.jpg (93 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
laughing crocs.jpg
93 KB, 455x395
>>54964881
>he doesn't know the definition of a computer.
>>
>>54963978
Ultimately there's no point, the consoles have maybe 2 good games total between them. Not worth the effort.

also
>playing games at 30fps and lower
>any year

consoles are cancer, avoid at all costs. just build yourself a nice rig it's more fulfilling than anything else.
>>
>>54967377
what is the definition of a computer?
>>
>>54967586
A machine that performs computations, e.g. a PS4. Actually back in the day a computer wasn't even a machine — it used to be a person (usually a woman) paid to sit there computing shit all day.
>>
File: received_252921795074672.jpg (30 KB, 720x852) Image search: [Google]
received_252921795074672.jpg
30 KB, 720x852
>>54964881
How fucking retarded can you be
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.