[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /g/, what's the deal with hybrid hard drives? I plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 1465013672590.jpg (37 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1465013672590.jpg
37 KB, 540x960
Ok /g/, what's the deal with hybrid hard drives?

I plan on making a Media PC for TV and shit, and I wan't the speed of a SSD, but i need the capacity of a HDD.
>>
>>54954338
Do you have physical space for both or is it a nettop?
>>
>>54954381
HTPC; so like a little bit bigger
>>
Don't bother with an SSD for a htpc.

If you don't want long boot times, just put it to sleep instead of shutting down fully.
>>
>>54954429
*SSD/SSHD.

Either way doesn't really matter for a HTPC. HDD is fine is what I was trying to get across.

SSHD is just a HDD with a small built in SSD and some software to keep commonly access blocks on the SSD portion. You don't need fast reads or writes for HTPC.
>>
>>54954448
okay, thanks anon!
>>
What do you plan to do with this? If you want to a) game on it, then get a motherboard that supports Intel RST, a 2TB drive HDD (good brand), and a 64GB SSD (any brand that isn't no-name). You can use RST to configure the SSD to sit in front of the HDD and act as a cache. It's much more effective than what you get out of the limited choices of SSHD.

If you b) only want to watch movies and chinese cartoons, build a media server out of several WD Reds that you can stick somewhere out of the way, and then use your phone + Plex + a Chromecast or something to stream it to your TV
>>
>>54954338
>wan't
how the hell does this happen
>>
>>54954510
What can I say, I gotta spongy keyboard
>>
>>54954491
I planned on having it replace my cable box (and possibly kode on it).

Really think i'm going to just get a HDD, but now that i think about it, downloading onto the SSD first, and then moving the files over to the HDD after a certain number of days does seem like a viable, and enticing option.
>>
>>54954570
Why? The SSD is superfluous in that scenario, you'd have to be playing an uncompressed AVI for the bitrate to saturate what HDDs can put out. Put the money towards something actually useful.
>>
>>54954338
THICK
>>
>>54954338
i want to put my penis into her vagina
>>
>>54954681
sick
>>
>>54954681
gross
>>
Hybrids are ass
If you want speed and capacity, get two drives.
>>
>>54954681
Disgusting
>>
>>54954681
>her
>>
>>54954338
sauce
>>
>>54954681
If you look closely there's an adam's apple.
>>
>>54956700
But those hips
Those slender features
Please be wrong
>>
Good for boot disks, fucked for media.
They work by caching commonly used files, if you're storing films and shit on it it'll be completely useless.
>>
>>54956714
I'm sorry you can't accept qt traps into your cold heart anon
>>
>>54956225
>>54956700
>>54956714
If you cant tell the difference between a male and female you're literally a faggot
It's obviously a female and you are faggots
>>
>>54954338
use bcache
>>
>>54956732
She's not a trap.
>>
>>54956735
>this much denial
Fucking hell man, hot is hot, regardless of whether or not she has a feminine penis
>>
>>54956700
That's not what an Adam's Apple is you anatomically-illiterate fuck.
>>
>>54956732
Generally speaking there isn't naturally a biological imperative to seek feminine features with a penis, they suggest a lack of potency/function.

From the front, a feminine body will generally inspire thoughts of vaginal sex. If I first saw her from the back a trap would be less contrary to my instincts.

/blog

I like butts anon.
>>
>>54956819
I like 'em round, and big
>>
>>54956857
Round is where it's at friend. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>54956872
So I'm lookin' at rock videos
Knock-kneed bimbos walkin' like hoes
You can have them bimbos
I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.