[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is this thing still more popular than the R 390 for those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: GTX 970.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
GTX 970.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
So why is this thing still more popular than the R 390 for those that don't want to shell out the extra shekels for the high end cards?
>>
>>54953089
People didn't realize the 3.5 meme right away and thousands bought them on impulse when it came out because muh price to performance.
>>
nvidia is always considered the best
>>
>>54953089
I have a r 390 and it works great. Very satisfied with the purchase.
>>
>>54953089
It came out a year later.
>>
>>54953089
bandwagon
>>
>>54953089
I was smart and memed for the 390 over the 970.
>>
>>54953089
The 970 got to about 300 bucks like 6 months ago, cheaper than the 390x.
When the 970 was at 350 it made sense to buy the 390x, after that, unless you need the 8gb of ram for some reason, the 970 was a better choice.
>>
>>54953089
It uses half as much power and produces half as much heat as the 390 for the same price and performance.
>>
>>54953089
Peer pressure for the people who want to be gaymers, and severe buyer's remorse for the people who bought it.

Everyone I know bought one, so I should buy one too + If everyone else buys one, then my poor decision doesn't look as bad, so I have to shill as hard as I can.
>>
It's called memes.
>>
>>54954800
>unless you need the 8gb
unless you need 4gb
>>
>>54953089
Because nvidia gamestream is a gamechanger
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.