[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g/ manage their passwords? Use a password manager or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: password.jpg (576 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
password.jpg
576 KB, 1280x720
How does /g/ manage their passwords? Use a password manager or remember all your passwords?
>>
File: NOTEBOOKS.png (29 KB, 361x225) Image search: [Google]
NOTEBOOKS.png
29 KB, 361x225
>>54946687
i'm covered
>>
remember important ones
paper slip for less important ones
>>
File: 1465245294433.webm (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465245294433.webm
81 KB, 1280x720
>>54946687
>>
File: 1422466854064.jpg (39 KB, 674x521) Image search: [Google]
1422466854064.jpg
39 KB, 674x521
>not using the same password for everything
>>
>>54946734
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>54946734
>huge loss of detail

Disgusting.
>>
>>54946755
Look at the file size. That would Webp but instead we must be punished and have to hack webm to act as webp.

>>54946763
It's not really noticeable. This is pretty much what opera turbo does. You don't see the users complain about image quality.
>>
>>54946755
how else do you expect an autist to spend his summer?
>>
I use my last name and birth year+2 factor authentication for all my passwords.
>>
>>54946773
I may be a neet but I'm certainly not autistic.
>>
>>54946771
>This is pretty much what opera turbo does. You don't see the users complain about image quality.
Because only fucking retards use Opera Turbo. Everyone else tried it out and realized that it's shit.
>>
>>54946803
>Because only fucking retards use Opera Turbo.
>What are mobile users and Australians
>>
>>54946785
Obviously you are if you keep posting webms of still images.
>>
>>54946820
I'm just trying to show how good Webp would be family. Beside I mostly target people who are shitposting. I'm your friend.
>>
Password manager. Way too many clients with different service accounts (CloudFlare, New Relic, etc)
>>
1password and Keepass.
>>
>>54946687
My god like memory
>>
>>54946720
I used notepads but switched to a usb stick when they became cheaper.
>also copy paste.
>>
>>54946817
Fucking retarded if they accept the abomination that Opera Turbo turns the internet into.
>>
>>54946687
I let firefox rember the ones that don't matter. Infrequent log-ins I keep on a usb stick.
Banking I memorized.
I leave chrome browser logged in for netflix or G.play music, and that's all I use chrome for.
>>
My brain and paper
>>
My password is "password". It's brilliant. Who would ever think of "password" as a password?
>>
kpcli on Linux and Keepass2Android on Android. same database synced with MEGA.
>>
>>54946771
>It's not really noticeable

It's hugely noticable, you faggot. The entire left side of the image is one big blur. All memes aside, get your eyes checked if you can't see how shitty that looks.
>>
>>54946827
>Beside I mostly target people who are shitposting
Target yourself faggot
>>
>>54947278
>Target yourself faggot
That would create a paradox.
>>
I have two passwords with 2-4 variations each. Reason for this is because I used to have one password until things started requiring capitals and not being similar to the last one.

Then I'd forget which variations I used for which accounts, get locked out and required to enter a new one which is followed by 'durr you password is similar to your old one' so another variation is added.
>>
>>54948001
Yep this. I'm to the point now where I know what the base passwords are but there's so many variations with extra numbers, symbols, and capitals it's kind of a pita now. But I can get it normally in < 3 tries
>>
Safeincloud
>>
>>54946687
KeePassX
https://www.keepassx.org/
>>
>>54946734
MODS MODS MODS

can we please ban this cocksucking autist?
I live in constant fear. I can't even post an image anymore without this faggot turning it into a WebP™
>>
File: anon.webm (11 KB, 677x126) Image search: [Google]
anon.webm
11 KB, 677x126
>>54949012
I'ts not just one person doing it anymore. Everyone is doing it now.

For JPG, must have FFMpeg installed.
for %%f IN (*.jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.jpg" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

For PNG
for %%f IN (*.jpg) do (
ffmpeg -loop 1 -i "%%~nf.jpg" -an -c:v libvpx -qmin 16 -qmax 16 -quality best -threads 4 -t 2 -r 1 "%%~nf.webm"
)

Save the scripts with the extension .bat and place it in an image directory. Then run it and it will automatically convert images to static webms.

If I get banned pass the script on, don't let the flame die anon. I believe in you.
>>
>>54946743
>using the same password for everything
If someone figures out your password on one thing they've got it for everything. This is a stupid thing to do
>>
>>54949057
i dont get the point of this though
>>
>>54949534
Basically: autism. It's the same reason why we have dictionaries. One autistic sperglord wrote down words and they're meanings like some kind of mega nerd and that became the dictionary.
>>
File: what the fucking fuck.jpg (69 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
what the fucking fuck.jpg
69 KB, 449x600
I write them down on a piece of notbook paper, roll it up and shove it in my computer's giant fluffy penis.
>>
>>54946827
>not autistic
I have some bad news for you..
>>
keepass 2 because it's basically my old trusty
not letting it go anytime soon nor do i plan to switch to another/different password manager
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.