[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They hate us 'cus they ain't us.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: rMBP.jpg (431 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
rMBP.jpg
431 KB, 3000x1687
They hate us 'cus they ain't us.
>>
>have a rMBP
k
>>
>>54942642
Not hate...just pity for paying 2x price for the machine.
>>
>>54942657
2x of what?
>>
>>54942642
>MY OS IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!
i wish mods would ban you retards from this board
>>
>>54942657
Link the laptop that's half the price of the rMBP with the same specs please
>>
>>54942694
in before some autistic person posts a laptop with a 4k screen and shit battery life, with support pretty much limited to windows.
>>
>>>/fa/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>54942642
But I'm on one of those right now.
>>
>>54942705
So you will ignore all the advantages that the other laptops have and just bitch about battery life?
And Macbook's support is limited to OSX - a shit-tier OS that doesn't even get much third party support.
>>
>>54942712
if you honestly think this thread doesn't belong here, report it. roll the dice and see if you get banned for reporting threads frivolously.

otherwise, click the button to hide the thread and take your autism someplace else.
>>
>>54942642
They hate us cuz they anus
>>
>>54942754
>And Macbook's support is limited to OSX
http://www.cnet.com/news/macbook-pro-declared-best-performing-windows-laptop/
>a shit-tier OS that doesn't even get much third party support.
I'm excited to hear how you make this make sense. please take it in whatever retarded direction you see fit. Don't let me constrain you. Just free write.
>>
>>54942694
zenbook
>>
>>54942771
In case you weren't aware, you can install any linux distro on any windows laptop. If you really need OSX, there's hackintosh.

OSX has low market share. Most developers focus on Windows. Linux gets all programming-related software.
>>
>>54942783
Great link
>>
>>54942651
>>54942657
>>54942693
>>54942712
>>54942754
>>54942770
>>54942771
>>54942783
>>54942859
Jesus fucking Christ, people, stop falling for the fucking bait.
>>
>>54942783
let's take a look... Are we talking about the UX305 or are you going to come charging in calling me a retard for your inability to specify the model?
>900Mhz Intel Core M3
The lowest end rMBP has a 2.7Ghz i5 - i shouldn't even be going forward at this point but
>1920x1080p display
The 13" rMBP is 2560x1600
>Windows
so scaling is going to be awful. and since it's 1080p and not 2x of the resolution we're used to at 13", scaling is going to be even worse thanks to poor interpolation.

i'm looking forward to your response along the lines of
>none of those specs matter [to me] so you're an idiot! let's ignore that the guy's question was for laptops with the same specs.
>>
They hate you cause your price is way beyond your actual value.
>>
File: 1459126740432.png (1 MB, 939x1284) Image search: [Google]
1459126740432.png
1 MB, 939x1284
>>54942859
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54942694
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y700-series/y700-15-inch/

4k screen, 16GB memory, 960m, intel 6700HQ, 512 GB SSD (Go to customization options).
$1500 for a more powerful laptop than the 15" rMBP.
>>
>>54943155
I had to suppress the vomiting instinct after opening that link. Also, 2 hours battery life.
Next.
>>
>>54943396
>I had to suppress the vomiting instinct after opening that link.
Amazing argument. I totally got BTFOd.
>>
>>54943072
>I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
>Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.
>There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
RMS,please FUCKING BURN YOURSELF ALIVE.

Seriously,this fucking story rustles my jimmies hard. Mods should ban this shit.
>>
>>54942642
Poo in the loo Rajeesh.
>>
>>54943072
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
>>54942642
2 rupees have been deposited in your iTunes account Pajeet!
>>
iphone = best smartphone
rmbp = best notebook
/g/ = mad

l e l
e
l
>>
>>54943773
>>54943072
see
>>54943472
>>
File: 1438116763168.jpg (97 KB, 1279x752) Image search: [Google]
1438116763168.jpg
97 KB, 1279x752
Save us based scathominem.
>>
>>54943155
Disgusting gayman laptop
>>
>>54943155
>/g/ thinks its acceptable to own that notebook

its nice to have no life sometimes..
>>
>wanting a laptop
I can't stop laughing what do?
>>
>>54944233
>I can't stop laughing what do?
Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKQTdYms3Ik
>>
>>54942932
Razer Blade Stealth is better in every way to the Macbook and is $300 cheaper.
Do you realize how sad it is when fucking Razer is better than Apple?
>>
>>54942642
Its a fucking laptop ..... not a lifestyle
>>
>>54942932
>http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd
MAXIMUM EFFORT
>>
>>54942642
>pays money for openbsd and cheap chinese plastic shit
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.