[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Went from Debian to Fedora because Debian's security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
>Went from Debian to Fedora because Debian's security team doesn't cover Sid
>Annoyed by Fedora's lack of packages in the official and fusion repos
>Tired of compiling everything from source

What to do?

I'm thinking of doing a minimal install of Ubuntu 16 and then installing Cinnamon.
>>
>>54937353

>Using NSA/Windows
>>
>>54937489

>Using NSA/OSX
>>
>>54937496
More like FBI/OS X amirite
>>
>>54937228
>I'm thinking of doing a minimal install of Ubuntu 16 and then installing Cinnamon.

Or, fuck it, I should just install Linux Mint 18. They'll be doing most of the legwork for me

Other than their shitty website security, is there any reason to not use Mint?
>>
you are basically begging at this point
install gentoo
>>
>>54937228
>because Debian's security team doesn't cover Sid

Then instal Devuan testing numbnuts
>>
>>54937772
>Debian without the systemd
Neat
>only x86(_64) and ARM
Nevermind
>>
>>54937489
>he fell for the meme meme
>>
I would say try openSUSE, but I'm not actually sure how much software is available there compared to Fedora. I'm one of those normies that one I enable RPM Fusion, everything I need is available.
>>
>>54939303

Same here, and its amazing how it works!
>>
>>54939303
I dare to say that it has something in between (full) debian repos and arch (+ AUR) repos
https://software.opensuse.org/search?utf8=&q=nig
>>
Gentoo
>>
>>54937228
The church of Arch is always open to you sinners. All you have to do is beg to be forgiven and we will let you ride eternal with us. Shiny and chrome.
>>
>>54937228
Install Gentoo. More stable than debian, almost as many packages as arch.
>>
>>54941417
Lol less packages. Have to install everything from source.

Why do people use this meme again?
>>
>>54941428
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54937228
Mac OS
>>
centos nigger
>>
>>54941428
Because it's very up to date, offers a lot of customisation options out of the box and has almost every package you will ever need in the standard repositories.
It's also super easy to configure software to compile without useless features which would only pull in countless unnecessary dependencies.
>>
>>54937506
At least they tried to refuse to give up info unlike Jewgle who sells it straight up
>>
>>54941500
Apple sold it to the FBI the second they asked. They also put on a show, with permission from the FBI, to keep customer faith and provide a larger userbase for the FBI to spy on.

You didnt fall for that theater did you?
>>
>>54941500
I hope you don't actually believe that front.
>>
File: 1465216819980.jpg (40 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465216819980.jpg
40 KB, 768x1024
>>54937228
Use Gentoo GNU plus Linux.
You don't even notice the compiling if you compile the kernel with preemption support.
>>
>>54937228
WHAT THE FUCK IS COPR RETARD
>>
>>54941428
Because I don't have to have systemd.
>>
I use Trisquel.
>>
>>54941500
>How does PR work
Tripfags yet again show their stupidity.
>>
>>54941510
Where'd you hear that?

That definitely sounds like something Apple would do, but every source I've read online has said the opposite.
>>
>>54937572
http linux mint got hacked, now they unhackable https linux mint.
>>
>>54941513
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as "Gentoo GNU plus Linux" is, in fact, simply called "Gentoo Linux."
See: https://gentoo.org/ for more information.
>>
>>54941607
You mean sources like CNN, Fox News...?
>>
>>54937228
What's wrong with compiling? It actually gives you something to do
>>
>>54941984
Because every news source except <!--your wingnut conspiracy theory tinfoil hat blame the jews omg illuminati force 4 retard website goes here--> is untrustworthy lamestream media.
>>
>>54937228
I recognize this man from the turkish oil wrestling threads in /hm/
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.