[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-05-17-23-19-57.png (875 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-17-23-19-57.png
875 KB, 1440x2560
I need a laptop that is able to run programs like solid works and auto CAD fairly well for college, any advice or suggestions.
>>
>>54936980
A thousand thinkpad suggestions incoming.
>>
File: image_9.jpg (10 KB, 237x192) Image search: [Google]
image_9.jpg
10 KB, 237x192
I reccomend thinkpad!!!!!!!!!
>>
lol get a thinkpad xDD
>>
that HP, I can't find a cheaper i7 quad core.

Your first suggestion was probably ok OP.
>>
>>54937107
I think as long as I have a good processor and at least 8 gb of ram I should be good
>>
Macbook pro
>>
W520 if you're poor. P50 or P70 if you're not.
>>
>>54937136
this pretty much. You wont be doing that big designs and assembling's in SW to need anything more powerful on the university. ACAD doesn't really need much power. Just add a SSD to it if it doesnt come with it and you are good to go.
>>
>>54936980
>flagship
>under 700 dollars
What is this?
>>
Get a Macbook.
>>
>>54937156
hah
Get a thinkpad
>>
Zbook is good
>>
>>54937507
Its a rare glimpse of the actual cost of a laptop with processor prioritized, last gen RAM, and no SSD

All of the costs to upgrade RAM and the HDD with an SSHD or SSD is still significantly cheaper than the average manufacturer installed upgrades. Always be on the lookout for this kind of combo.
>>
>>54937107
is the iGPU really enough for what OP wants?
>>
File: Screenshot (210).png (432 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (210).png
432 KB, 3200x1800
>>54936980
Engineering student here. That laptop will be fine. I use xps 13 with two core i7 cpu and never had any issues. You can even get away with something cheaper like i5-6200u. SSD helps quite a bit with initial loading times of the programs so Id recommend getting that.
>>
>>54940232
How is the XPS holding up? I don't know whether I should get one for college, since I want it to last a long time. (I'm not OP)
>>
>>54940545
Its holding up pretty good so far. I tried ubuntu on it too now and it worked out of the box.
>>
>>54936980
You can probably find a decent Dell Latitude that would run those programs fine. I'd grab some ram for it tho
>>
Asus N550jk
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.