[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, how do I make my PSP an emulator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 19fid13zjcxizjpg.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
19fid13zjcxizjpg.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
I want to emulate PS1, Gameboy, N64, etc. on my PSP.
I know there are emulators, but I'm not sure what to do.
Do I need to crack my psp first? how do I do it?
>>
>>>/v/

Fuck off gamer cuck
>>
First learn to program
then learn about something really simple, like a NES
then step up to other architectures, slowly building your way to the PSP
you might not realize it, but a PSP has a really complex architecture, and emulating it isn't exactly simple.

You'll also need to learn a lot of graphics programming.
>>
>>54926406
What? I don't want to emulate a psp on my pc
There are emulators for the psp
>>
>>54926455
You need to convert The ps1 iso to an epub file, then it just werks because a cracked psp is already capible of playing every ps1 game ever made
>>
>>54926385
Do I need to crack my psp first? how do I do it?

Smash it with a hammer
>>
>>54926488
I don't need to do anything to the psp itself? just connect it to my pc and simply drag and drop the emulator, and the iso? (not only ps1)
>>
>>54926385
Is this bait?
>>
There's this from /v/ http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP
>>
>>54926679
No, it's not a bait.
I'm just asking if I need to jail break it first...
>>
>>54926385
The PSP is excellent for emulating all of those, apart from the N64. It's very easy to get working, however if you're asking /g/ instead of just googling and using any of the thousands of guides that are like 10 years old by now then you're probably too retarded
>>
>>54926385
Make it easier on yourself famalam, newer smartphones can emulate now at very good speed
>>
>>54927030
The only results I get are shitty yahoo answers type sites and shitty youtube videos made by 10 years old,
So I preferred to just ask here.
>>
>>54927181
Well then you must learn to google, this information is not obscure in the slightest

>>54927064
The PSP is really comfy for emulation and the battery life is good
>>
>>54926488
it just works like king crimson.

ALSO
It is seriously fucking easy to crack and run an emulator on a psp.

JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT.

I googled it and it's the third fucking result down

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-every-psp-up-to-firmware-6-60.291169/

Are you fucking brain dead?

I'm genuinely not sure whether this is bait or not, if it isn't then I actually think you're retarded.

My 11 year old nephew cracked his psp in 20 minutes and had a gba emulator running pokemon emerald on it.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54927030
don't lie to the guy, sure it's fine for nes/gbc/gba but it can't even run most SNES games without frameskipping
>>
>>54927243
It is way way lower on duckduckgo, do I need to go back to the botnet?
Also I have no memory card so I can't actually try anything.
I just don't want to fuck up the psp
>>
>>54926403

>implying gaming isn't driving pretty much all improvements in CPU, memory, and GPU performance that are relevant to the consumer market
>>
>>54927299
I was talking about the three he listed, but you're right about SNES emulation being garbage
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.