[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ what do you think about women and diversity in progr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 32
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /g/ what do you think about women and diversity in programming and development?

Check this out https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/3721
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 210x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 210x286
Put some more effort into your b8, /pol/tard
>>
>>54918593
Fucking bitch has her chrome logo upside down
>>
>>54918607

Lol how is my post b8 you retard? I'm completely neutral on the topic, just asking what /g/ thinks. Not sure what /pol/ has to do with this
>>
I think that's a completely retarded idea. How did we get here? How did we get to the point where we have to be politically correct with our code for fuck sake?

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>54918593
Don't care
>>
>>54918641
>TheAlphaNerd opened this Issue on Nov 9, 2015

If you cared so much, why didn't you search the archive viewpoints?
>>
>>54918660
Worthless programmers who can get their name onto pull requests for big projects by proposing meaningless changes.

How good does it look on a resume to be the starter and contributor to a pull request on node.js itself? And if you're a woman - cause this shit isn't limited to women - even better.

I'm all for diversity and more women in programming. It *is* a field dominated by young white guys. I just don't think it's smart or effective to pander, punish and enforce diversity. You have to let it occur naturally.
>>
File: malefem1_3062978c.jpg (105 KB, 460x609) Image search: [Google]
malefem1_3062978c.jpg
105 KB, 460x609
>>54918678
>>54918670

Looks like I triggered a few nu-male feminists
>>
>>54918766
wtf
>>
>>54918732
I hope that interviewers actually fucking look at the contributions as opposed to just seeing that their name is on the list
>>
Didn't read your link, but I think this is about a combination of women activists (women's approach to the world seems to be primarily about manipulating resources out of men, this can happen on an individual level or collective) demanding women be given access to the goodies, while various tech companies and individuals find that this is a good way to make a lot of money.

For example, I watched a documentary not long ago called 'Codegirl', which is about a competition to promote girl programmers. You could clearly see that apart from the girls themselves who were encouraged to take part in the competition, there was a whole industry of people who were benefitting - firstly there were 'mentors' appointed to each group of girls in the competition, all of these 'mentors' (who I believe probably wrote most of the code) were white males, these guys were probably paid well, but more importantly you have the people who run the company who promotes the competition - seemed to be mostly older women who wouldn't know much about programming.

Basically women nag for free shit, and there's always money in assisting this transaction, and this financial relationship of corruption that emerges becomes self-sustaining. Look at the legal system in the West. Where I am, Australia, MOST of the time spent by courts and police is dedicated to the women's issues of intervention orders\divorce, ontop of the already misandric criminal system which basically outlaws many things powerless males end up doing. The court staff, judges, even police are all getting paid, and paid well, by a system which exploits the inherent misandry and female appeasement of human nature.
>>
>>54918593
>spending more time on her iphone than actually doing work
sounds about right.
>>
>>54918593
I've never worked with female devs. Women seem to focus on design or html/css.

However, half the guys I work with are pretentious fucks that can't pass level one foobar.
>>
>>54918732
>I just don't think it's smart or effective to pander, punish and enforce diversity. You have to let it occur naturally.

I agree. Too bad we're the minority here (heh, no pun intended).
>>
>>54918949
> women
> css
has science gone too far?
>>
File: screaming autist.png (542 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
screaming autist.png
542 KB, 600x600
>>54918593
>work in webdev
>female coworker says that javascript on server side is viable and we should use nodejs
> mfw
>>
>>54918965
I don't see why women wouldn't learn css, since it's declaration based, design language. bunch of instructions and data telling us how colourful a webpage is, but women are not interested in abstraction algorithms, math, or logic/rational programming
>>
>>54918766
> The Decemberists
lol
>>
It's obvious when someone tweets about it and they all comment at once about how it needs to be changed and that it's disgusting that people aren't taking it serious.
>>
File: 37303.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
37303.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>54920308
>chrisdickinson

Why does everyone of them always look psychotic?
>>
This is a business and/or political issue, not a tech one.

Git is technology. Github is a business. Want me to check out that link? You check out >>>/biz/. I don't give a fuck what "issues" happen at Github pages here on /g/.
>>
File: hi my name is ashley hi.png (79 KB, 1018x1366) Image search: [Google]
hi my name is ashley hi.png
79 KB, 1018x1366
>>54920308
>ashleygwilliams
>>
>>
>>54918593
>Major League Hacking
>Apple
>iPhone

At least she has the tits of a real tech girl
>>
>>
>>
I almost feel like this is all a psy-op of some sort. They can't be real, just can't, or the drug testing on the public never actually stopped.
>>
>>54920490
>>54920461
>>54920423
>>54920423
honestly does making the change trigger your autism more than it triggers theirs?

open source development is just an exercise in compromises. this is the most trivial compromise i've ever seen anyone ask for. what precisely is your rationale for holding up such a trivial request?
>>
>>54920490
>my pull request that ctrl-f a single .c file for the word "suicide" is worth just as much as a 1000 line algorithm!
>>
I don't really take issue with removing macabre or dated references in lieu of explicit language. It's just hard for me to sympathize with claims of emotional distress over seeing these words. Discomfort is not distress. Seeing my ex's name might make me uncomfortable after a breakup but I'll not ask for it to be stricken from my sight.
>>
File: 636.png (51 KB, 796x548) Image search: [Google]
636.png
51 KB, 796x548
>>54920506
They all are acting like this is a serious topic, when these same people orchestrate this shit on social media while raging against the ones who disagree with them on github. They are all pathological liars who are pushing an agenda.

>honestly does making the change trigger your autism more than it triggers theirs?

Don't even care, just wondering how they are getting away with it every time.
>>
>>54920571
>emilyrose
Wasnt she involved in the eggplant shit a while back?
>>
>>54920556
he's being melodramatic about it, but you hit the nail on the head that this is literally just ctrl-f / find & replace. your incessant martyr complex is what leads 3 retarded faggot drama queens to turn into a 100-comment thread of people getting all wound up and calling this the holocaust of github code.

if you acknowledge that this is an inconsequential pull request, then make the change. if there are two parties that care about this that disagree, insist that they come up with consensus/unity on the topic, then make the change they request.

or better yet, ask them to go and change all the variables/whatever they want, run tests to confirm nothing's broken, and submit a pull request.

this is so fucking easy to deal with. i wish all you autistic faggots would fucking kill yourselves for lowering to their level and letting this be a big deal.
>>
File: 8745.png (37 KB, 787x510) Image search: [Google]
8745.png
37 KB, 787x510
No one can believe this is sincere. It's /pol/-tier roleplay.
>>
>>54920571
they're getting away with it because you fucking faggots say that this doesn't matter to you, and they're saying it does matter to them, and then you inexplicably become the biggest retarded cockheads in the world and insist that no it totally does matter to you and you want things to stay the way they are. for reasons you refuse to articulate sensibly.

if it doesn't matter to you, encourage them to make all the changes they want and submit pull requests. if it truly doesn't matter to you, change the variable names and be done with it. the worst case scenario is that a group of people have overblown how serious this topic is to them, and you've wasted like 30 seconds between comments ranging from
>hey, this sounds fine, just make the changes, submit a pull request, and i'll accept it
to
>PR accepted. thanks!

SJWs tire out easily. the only thing that fuels them is controversy. all the pushback about why you need master-slave naming schemes, mentions of suicide, references to retards, etc... all just riles them up.

stop fucking riling them up. every time they start winding up to have a shitstorm, take the air out of their campaign. just agree with their suggestion, ask them to quickly go through and make the changes they want, make sure it hasn't broken anything, and accept the change.
>>
>>54920423
>>54920461
>>54920490
>>54920506

I'd rather deal with an SJW than this autism.

https://github.com/elnormous/ouzel/issues/4
>>
File: 34643.png (21 KB, 806x258) Image search: [Google]
34643.png
21 KB, 806x258
>the CoC isn't about silencing anyone, they said
>>
>>54920571
>>54920590
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcism_of_Emily_Rose
>>
>>54920649
>just lie down
>all just rejection emboldens them!

180 of reality. Winning is emboldening.
>>
>>54920461
>Seeing "suicide" takes the fun out of Node coding and replaces it with painful memories
Funny, working in Node takes the fun out of coding all on its own
>>
>>54920661
if there's a justified reason to reject a PR, then say so. all i'm seeing is bitching from autistic people.
>>
>>54920663
so you're saying node is making suicide fun again?

just fork it and call it node.bs
>>
>>54920680
Node makes suicide seem like an attractive option is all I'm saying
>>
>>54920661
feeling like it's you+your friends against "the other" is known for fostering a sense of togetherness/camaraderie.

SJWs look for opportunities to rally and feel like they're being oppressed. they basically go around looking for projects to feel oppressed by.

it sounds more like you're looking for something to make a fight over. like if you change the names of variables in your github repo then suddenly you're giving up some important aspect of your code. that sounds like martyr complex to me. it's just variable naming. these are not things that matter, except to faggots.

if you want to be a faggot on the level of SJWs, then get caught up with them. otherwise, let the current of their retarded whims go whichever way they go.
>>
File: carl the cuck.jpg (36 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carl the cuck.jpg
36 KB, 600x615
why do all those agreeing and getting triggered by words look like typical nu-male cuckolds with fat/skinny build, glasses and/or beard, and low test?
>>
>>54920716
Because Pajeet is too busy earning rupees to give a shit about variable and function names.
>>
>>54920711
If they don't like the code, they should write their own rather than be crybabies on whatever someone else is working on. Paying attention to them is just a huge waste of time
>>
File: 1409651305021.png (325 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1409651305021.png
325 KB, 500x500
Was autism intentionally forced upon the west in order to destroy it, or cause total subservient behavior?
>>
when your dad came home (or comes home? i guess most of the people on /g/ are probably children, based on what i see), did he get all caught up in your childish bullshit, or did he just take a glance, make sure you weren't burning the fucking house down, and then go do his work?

that's what you should be doing in cases like these. let them do their childish shit. nothing they're doing is consequential or breaking. if you don't want people to freely come in and make shitty suggestions, then make the code closed source. otherwise, accept that opening it up to the commons means opening things up to the common idiot/child.
>>
>>54920756
>let them do their childish shit
There was one comment total that in the entire 100~ish replies that could even be considered "trollish".
>>
>>54920749
No, it's what happens when people get too wealthy for their own good
>>
>>54920749
>Implying there's a difference
>>
>>54920716
Let's not forget WHITE

when will you white people learn s.m.h. stop this gay shit.
>>
>>54920736
>Paying attention to them is just a huge waste of time
i don't know how incompetent your integration/PR process can be that even a dozen separate pull requests would be that much of a time sink. just quickly reply to all of these requests with
>i'm open to the change, and apologize if the language made anyone uncomfortable, but i can't make the change right now; if someone wants to commit the suggested fixes, i'd be happy to approve them

that took about 30 seconds to write. if you have robust tests implemented (which you should), then following up with that PR should take about a minute or two.

meanwhile, fighting these fucking retards takes time out of your day as you beat back a bunch of self-righteous faggots, earns you the contempt of however many people show up to be assholes in your repository, and just gets you loads of negative attention.

i agree that it'd be better if nobody complained about stupid shit, but given that someone has complained about stupid shit, the options of "fighting it like a fucking nigger" or "accepting it because it doesn't fucking matter one way or another" are really fucking clear.

picking a fight with SJWs is the least productive use of a competent programmer's time imaginable. you should only do it if your project is dead and you have nothing better to do than make a fucking ass of yourself and risk looking like a liability to anyone who might ever get wind of the shitstorm you're in with SJWs.
>>
>>54920774
i don't think i suggested anyone was trolling. i'm saying that the people who actually contribute to the codebase have better things to do than get caught up in an argument about something that doesn't matter on any level except the dumbest ones.
>>
>>54920814
Not the Anon to whom you're replying but I disagree with the apology aspect. That's something people with reason accept from those with sympathy. These are not reasonable people and they'll read it as an admission of indelible guilt. What's more, it's another thing to twist. Apology for discomfort can be spun as an argument against having actually done anything wrong. Apology for an oversight can be spun as minimizing a major issue. So on and so forth.

No apologies to SJWs. DIsengage as quickly as possible.
>>
>>54920832
>i don't think i suggested anyone was trolling. i'm saying that the people who actually contribute to the codebase have better things to do than get caught up in an argument about something that doesn't matter on any level except the dumbest ones.

They all agreed with each other. There was no tangible opposition.
>>
File: 1384363517311.gif (362 KB, 563x350) Image search: [Google]
1384363517311.gif
362 KB, 563x350
>>54920814
>you have nothing better to do than make a fucking ass of yourself
>>
>>54918593
>forced diversity

Just let people go whenever they want, don't force them; I don't want my coworkers to be there just because they're women - I want them to be here because they WANT to be.

I have no problem with women at all in my workplace otherwise.
>>
>>54920861
(not that Anon) I don't see them in an argument (conflict) but I see them presenting an argument (proposal). Seems an accurate word.
>>
>>54920873
>Just let people go whenever they want, don't force them
Retard
>>
>>54920853
fine, then don't apologize. just accept the PR quietly and move on.
>>
>>54920876
>caught up in an argument
implies conflict
>>
>>54920887
I disagree. There's no apparent distinction between being caught up in a conflict and being caught up in a collective proposal.
>>
>>54918766
if someone's good at something, it shouldn't matter what sex they are. Am I missing something here? Or do you only talk to your mom?
>>
>>54920883
>take it in your asshole always and forever if you want to survive m8
>>
>>54920908
i said it before and i'll say it again:

if changing some variable names constitutes sodomy to you, then your project is already dead and it's probably your fault.
>>
>>54920901
caught up implies strong emotion arguments
>>
>>54920918
that's what's happening in this thread. there are people talking about accepting a PR like this as taking "it" in your asshole. see >>54920908 for hyperbolic drama queen/exhibit A
>>
>>54920902
Well a lot of them aren't. Women are incapable of distancing personal feelings from their job. It's just a biological thing. Women tend to be more emotional, it's not in their hands.

Just look at how the woman commented on the issue. Professionalism nonexistent.

> <3<3<3 Thank you

While she could've just said Thanks for the input
>>
>>54920918
"Sorry I was out late, I got caught up in all the excitement and lost track of time."
Hope this helps.
>>
>>54920937
>excitement
implies emotion
>>
>>54920945
Not arguments.

I'm sorry that this isn't helping.
>>
>>54920959
>>
>>54920423
Of course the tranny is triggered
>>
>>54920963
The word arguments is not on that page.
Getting caught up in something doesn't imply argument, argument doesn't imply conflict, ergo the assumption of conflict was inappropriate.
>>
>>54920423
>this happens in my community /weekly/

Maybe you should face the problem and take care of it head on instead of complaining about the word "suicide" being used in some irrelevant software.
>>
>>54920990
I find "take care of" distinctly unpleasant. That is a thing that happens in my community weekly and often requires that I drop what I'm doing and help someone take care of something.
>>
>>54920976
you are wrong
>>
Honestly don't give a shit about feelings if it makes the API more clear. But a boolean has no business using a verb as its name. If it takes starting a flame war and triggering a bunch of trannies to change it to a more explicit name, so be it.
>>
>>54920756
This guy gets it. Stupid changes like this harm nothing and give the incompetent fuckwits something to distract themselves with while the real engineers build cool shit.
>>
Why do programmers let trannies walk all over them and their code?
>>
>>54921471
1) open source means open access, even to clowns and trannies.
2) this is so insignificant that it doesn't matter unless you're a petty child. that street goes both ways, so getting worked up over this is just as petty.
>>
>>54921490
What's the worst that could possibly happen if you ignore their demands and just continue to develop your software?

I guess they'll "boycott" you and slander you, but that wouldn't hurt you a lot.
>>
>>54921490
>insignificant
>doesn't matter
>petty
>petty

perforate my anus
>>
>>54918867

Psychologically women are actually devout realists and opportunists. They don't have the same romantic or artisanal approach that men do in all creative fields.
>>
File: 1463869462882.png (16 KB, 303x880) Image search: [Google]
1463869462882.png
16 KB, 303x880
>>54918593
>Programming node can be really fun for me. As somebody who has attempted suicide, seeing suicide come up in code occasionally takes away that fun and brings back some painful memories.
>>
>>54921538
>What's the worst that could possibly happen if you ignore their demands and just continue to develop your software?
they'll feel like they're being oppressed, raise a shitstorm on twitter/tumblr/wherever - all places that you have no adequate presence to respond to their bitching - and onlookers (potentially including future employers) will write you off as a liability for being a lightning rod.

remember that nothing about the criticism will speak to your being qualified or writing good code. and keep in mind that absolutely nobody goes and does a code review of the codebase that SJWs target; they just become known for "fighting progress" and other retarded shit.

you can fight them, ignore them (and leave all the issues and shit open? i'm not sure how you would do this logistically), or humor them. the first two options will derail your project.

this is quintessentially a problem autistic people can't handle, because the right course of action requires the person maintaining the code to concede on the "immediate principles" (whether a word is offensive or not, etc...) and humor someone who's wrong to satisfy the broader principle of "getting shit done".

but autists can't handle being wrong or conceding that they were wrong (whether they were wrong or not), and they're willing to blow the whole fucking project up if the alternative means to concede anything.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-11-02-07-1.png (247 KB, 1040x1367) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-11-02-07-1.png
247 KB, 1040x1367
Unrelated but I want to post it there.
>>
>>54922611
>teaching sandniggers who've never seen a computer js

For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>54922677
So they can feel good about themselves. The "teachers" that is.
>>
>>54922611
Javascript - not even once.
>>
>>54920653
Do they not see the irony with how the acronym CoC is pronounced? Aren't they "triggered"?
>>
Someone should make a programming language that only contains words that offend these retards, would like to see the shitstorm it causes
>>
>>54922984
C Plus Equality was basically the exact opposite concept with the same intended effect
>>
>>54920918
>>54920901
>>54920887
>>54920876
>>54920861
>>54920832
>>54920774
>>54920756
If anyone needs a definition of irony this is it right here lel
>>
>>54918867
> a system which exploits the inherent misandry and female appeasement of human nature.

This. Our culture is inherently misandric.
>>
>>54923434
kek epic lulz bro! upvote upvote! how do i give u gold?
>>
File: metits.png (38 KB, 256x152) Image search: [Google]
metits.png
38 KB, 256x152
I think we could be fine as long as we're respectful of the male coworkers and not wholly unwilling to disregard genetic determinism when relevant. I could be wrong though, a lot of guys here bitch about shitty female coworkers. Maybe I'm going into the wrong field.
>>
>>54918867
>Basically women nag for free shit,
You can fucking learn everything you need for a job in this industry for free. There is no need for even more free shit.
>>
>>54918637
I literally had to listen to fat feminists argue about how to embed an image in html @ panera bread _for_two_hours_

this is #women_in_tech, folks.

maybe they think HTML is an extension of interior decorating or something because they ran out of men to buy them houses to fuck up.
>>
>>54921490
Calling other people petty children if they don't want to bow to the demands of ridiculous people. If anything you're the one that sounds childish - "everyone be like me or else you're immature".

I'd explain to you why it's idiotic but you don't seem to care either way, you're just here to bitch at people.

People have a right to think this is idiotic. Not sure why you're getting so ass blasted on this topic, by your logic "it doesn't matter unless you're a petty child" - so feel free to exit the thread.
>>
>>54924047
I don't even understand what you're talking about. it sounds like you simply didn't understand my post or this thread.
>>
>>54918593
These fucking """""programmers"""""" and """""femgineers""""" make me fucking sick. Opening issues left and right because of terminology
Fucking entitled cunts
>>
>>54924067
hey man your keyboard is broken, it keeps repeating quotation marks.
>>
>>54923828
you simply do not belong here. you do not have the same drive to work, nor the competence to do it. putting both genders in the work force also creates distraction for both sexes - which is not necessarily a problem with females, but considering males are more suited to do more tasks that could constitute a job, it still means males should be the ones working if we had to choose one.

really, the list goes on forever. the more you know about the world, the more you see how ridiculous things can be.
>>
File: 1464235192642.jpg (61 KB, 322x252) Image search: [Google]
1464235192642.jpg
61 KB, 322x252
>>54924089
>2016
>not understanding all the cool memes on the chan
>>
>>54924129
is the meme that you don't understand that a single set of quotation marks indicates sarcasm, but multiple indicates that you're either hyperbolic or retarded?
>>
>>54924056
My post was pretty clear. Piss off out of the thread since you think this topic is so stupid.
>>
>>54918593
>diversity
Is a code for lowering the standards. Face it: There has always been women, nigger and faggot programmers.

>Shithub
Why insist on using it?
>>
>>54924152
More quotation marks is just reinforcing the sarcasm
Lurk more reddit trash
>>
>>54924159
if you felt like you were totally clear, then let's go ahead and dive in. can you explain what you meant with your first sentence?
>Calling other people petty children if they don't want to bow to the demands of ridiculous people.
that was all a subject. there was no verb. it was like you were summing up something, but you didn't make that clear.

the rest of your post seems to haplessly mirror my own argument, but that only makes sense if you completely misunderstood what i was arguing and only paid attention to the tangential comments.

the point i was making was that the variables names themselves are irrelevant, and if someone wants to complain about something as trivial as that, then let them, and make the change, because it *is* trivial. i don't know how you can argue that this is being dismissive, unless you're one of them and you think that variable naming schemes like Master/Slave are in fact as consequential as the logic behind the algorithms which use those variables.

then you give me this half-hearted "I'd explain something to you, but you wouldn't understand" bullshit like you're a woman on her period. if your insight is better, then articulate it. if /g/ in general understands it, then i'll get blasted for being stupid. otherwise, shut the fuck up, faggot.

as for the last string of diarrhea, i'm trying to force people to realize that a debate about variable names is beneath them and that this isn't something to get caught up in. you seem to be the only person in this thread other than the OP who insists on having a fucking argument about it in some form or another.

if you're one of those inconsequential 0.1x programmers whose only contribution is bikeshedding, please make that clear at the outset either by being a whiny bitch about variable names, or by otherwise making it clear that you'll be a drain on people's time.
>>
>>54924209
the quotation marks thing actually comes from reddit.
>>
>>54920506
>if you have any objections to someone's ridiculous demands then you are just as bad if not WORSE than them
>>
Dont care at all
people should do what they like to do
>>
>>54924309
If you have anything as strong as "objections" in response to someone asking that you rename some variables because it bothers them, then without evaluating the legitimacy of their claim or anything else, you definitely are as shitty as them.

if you descend into a nigger moment, you might have been dragged into it, but you're both equally niggers.
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
>>54924273

Here I'll sum it up for you - you are being an elitist neckbeard to everyone in this thread by telling them this topic is petty and childish and that that they should not care. Your advice for us is to just ignore it and move on. You don't see the irony in posturing like a nihilistic faggot yet caring enough to post in this thread to tell us to ignore OP's "petty" topic.
>>
File: highres_251316357[1].png (858 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
highres_251316357[1].png
858 KB, 700x700
>>54924318
Please voluntaryExit.
>>
File: sjw disinfo 1443149404189.jpg (90 KB, 960x831) Image search: [Google]
sjw disinfo 1443149404189.jpg
90 KB, 960x831
>>54920649
>every time they start winding up to have a shitstorm, take the air out of their campaign. just agree with their suggestion, ask them to quickly go through and make the changes they want, make sure it hasn't broken anything, and accept the change.

Is this shitbird for real.
>>
>>54924335
not everything is nihilism just because the other person isn't taking up your personal outrage with as much earnestness as you.

if you can give me one non-faggot reason for caring enough to keep variables the way they're named, by all means, make that argument. but if this is just you making a stand for all autistic people everywhere so that we don't have to worry about whether "suicide" triggers some SJW or something, please do everyone a huge favor and shut the fuck up. if you need to an hero to do stay silent, then by all means.

my argument is just to not get caught up in stupid arguments, because there are worthwhile arguments to have regarding the same codebase. this isn't something worth wasting your time on.
>>
>>54918593
listen I'm all for clear and useful terminology but problematic terminology is such a non-issue. Why don't we just write good useful code without worrying about words like suicide master. Nobody thinks about black slaves or killing themselves when they see they see these words so just let it be jfc
>>
>>54924318
You should care. It sets a precedence for what is going to happen in the workplace in the near future. It's already happening in some places I'm sure. We can expect it to become more widespread.
>>
Content warning: some discussions of suicide in the comments below.
For fuck sake, women are so retarded.
Do they not know what the word "context" means?
I don't think they fucking do.
>>
>>54924346
Honestly nothing about faggots like you surprises me anymore. I'm not even going to ask if retarded fucking NEETs like you are real or just caricatures of your own autism.

If you have nothing to contribute to code except to get into a shitstorm with fucking SJWs, then bitch back when they bitch about variable names. If you're capable of doing more than making a logo for a faggot operating system, then triage issues like variable name changes so you can get back to work.
>>
File: 1461604075851.png (35 KB, 884x740) Image search: [Google]
1461604075851.png
35 KB, 884x740
>>54924346
>>
>>54924382

You totally missed the point of the thread. It has nothing to do with these particular vocabulary words on this particular project. It more has to do with the PRINCIPLE of the matter - that this is what the future workplace is going to look like. If you think workplace politics are bad now just wait.
>>
>>54924321
>simply not complying with a retarded request makes you as shitty as making a retarded request

SJW logic. Where do we draw the line? How many people need to get "offended" by a word before others are not allowed to use it any more? These demands to cater to the mentally unstable are offensive to me, so stop it.
>>
File: reddit-alien.png (50 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
50 KB, 736x1024
>>54924419

>le strawman logical fallacies
>>
>>54924414
>>54924419
>t. emily rose (pronouns hay, thon, nu), open source contributer
>>
>>54924414
>insists everyone else changes their vocabulary because a word triggers them
>calls others of autists

You can't make this up.
>>
File: 1459978413176.jpg (115 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1459978413176.jpg
115 KB, 413x395
>>54924340
>>
File: recap.png (302 KB, 2000x853) Image search: [Google]
recap.png
302 KB, 2000x853
this is what i'm hearing. am i wrong?
>>
>>54918593

http://www.alyssamcdevitt.me/
>>
>>54924677
Please voluntaryExit
>>
>>54924996
>Please voluntaryExit
Make me.
>>
>>54924677
I'd like to +1 the idea of sanctioning individuals who feel the need to contribute disruptive/harmful comments to this thread.
>>
>>54918641
We really don't give a shit
>>
It doesn't matter who or what the programmer is. What matters is skill. Of course a popular opensource project for web technology gets shit up because it gets enough attention from lots of people. Most of the time, people 'contributing' to open source are in most cases (not all of course) unemployed and trying to get experience so they can get hired.

The industry itself is a warrior society, for junior/senior positions (not internships/coop) they take you in for your skill and willingness to learn and work together, not for any other metric. Truly the software development world is one that is most agnostic.`
>>
>>54918593
My god that image literally depicts everything that is wrong with women.

She is the probably the most supreme good goy i have ever seen.
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (250 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
250 KB, 960x1280
Sup cucks. not every day you find yourself on 4chan. in before "tits"

>>54925737
>>54920400
>>54918887
>>54918637
Thanks for letting me know
>>
>>54926223
strongly consider suicide
>>
>>54926223
>in before "tits"
We only like men dressed as girls here

what we want is timestamp
>>
>>54926254
>>>54926223

strongly consider *voluntaryExit
>>
>>54926223
timestamp or gtfo bitch
>>
File: quacker.jpg (58 KB, 541x566) Image search: [Google]
quacker.jpg
58 KB, 541x566
>changing brief and concise code for subjective reasons
>>
>>54918593
I think women belong on their knees swallowing cock and they got not business being around computers.
>>
File: foto_no_exif (1).jpg (219 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif (1).jpg
219 KB, 960x1280
>>54926412
>>54926443
calm
>>
>>54926527
dick or gtfo.
/g/ only likes traps.
>>
>>54926551
its 80 inches it won't fit in the whole photo :(
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.