[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft Tracks Down Windows 7 and 8 Pirates, Files Lawsuits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 20160604-153552_twitter.com.jpg (38 KB, 524x506) Image search: [Google]
20160604-153552_twitter.com.jpg
38 KB, 524x506
>Microsoft Tracks Down Windows 7 and 8 Pirates, Files Lawsuits
More than 1,000 copies of Windows activated by same pirates

In lawsuits filled with a Seattle court, Microsoft explains that impacted software includes Windows 7, Vista, and 8, as well as Office 2010 and 2013. The company has already managed to track down the pirate’s IP and is now asking the judge for authorization to find its identity and make him pay for what he did.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-tracks-down-windows-7-and-8-pirates-files-lawsuits-504863.shtml

Wincucks will defend this
>>
>>54912862
Yeah I'll defend it. Fucking cunts who believe they are entitled to other people's work for free. If you don't want to spend money use Linux.
>>
>>54912928
>Makes Billions of dollars a year
>Goes after people who cost them less than 1M
>MS
>>
Fuck, I'm a raging freetard and even I will defend this. Guy thought he could make money by pirating stuff and was stupid enough to get cought. Deserves everything that's coming to him.
>>
Good. Fuck pirates.

Stop treating closed source software like your free as in I HAVE NO MONEY garbage.
>>
>>54912862
>steal $100,000 in revenue from any company
>expect to not get sued

Home users have never needed to worry about this shit and never will. MS would rather have home users pirate than not use Windows at all. But at business scale theft no software company should let this slide.
>>
>“Microsoft's cyberforensics have identified over one thousand product activations originating from IP address 66.51.73.111 ('the IP Address'), which is presently assigned to Earthlink Inc., and which, on information and belief, is being used by the Defendants in furtherance of the unlawful conduct alleged herein,” the court documents reveal.
>over one thousand product activations
Once again, Microsoft only care of companies using pirated Windows, they don't do shit for home users.
>>
>>54913120
>he doesn't pirate stuff he already owns
>>
This was clearly a small business selling illegitimate copies of windows. I think it's Microsoft's right to go after them they're almost assuredly profiting off of their product. This is the kind of thing copyrights were established for in the first place.
>>
ITT: OP getting BTFO
>>
>>54913010

THEY R RICH SO I CAN STEAL FROM THEM GUIZE

nice one retard
>>
So they went after companies pirating their shit, they won't be wasting their resources on individuals who maybe have done itb2 to 3 times
>>
>>54913151
didn't this happen like a year ago
>>
>>54912862
>http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-tracks-down-windows-7-and-8-pirates-files-lawsuits-504863.shtml

i could swear this is old. like last year or something.
>>
old as fuck and fake and gay
>>
File: 1456616931245.jpg (26 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
1456616931245.jpg
26 KB, 300x419
>>54912862
C U C C K E D
A G A I N
W I N C U C C K S
>>
>Running XP
I'm good
>>
>>54912862
Will I be safe if I pirate an OCR third party tool on windows if license is genuine - do they care about shit you pirate, or just their products?
>>
> illegally activated Windows 7 today

Fugg :DDDDD
>>
>>54914570
RIP wincuck
>>
>Microsoft's cyberforensics have identified over one thousand product activations originating from IP address 66.51.73.111
>from IP address 66.51.73.111
>66.51.73.111
lol they posted his ip on the internet he's gonna get fucked up by hackers now
>>
>>54913503
>doesn't the us leagl system move at a decent speed
no
>>
>>54913120
Free advertising
What many people fail to realize I'd when you pirate something, it isn't stolen. It's being copied, thus the free advertising. A large portion of pirates buy what they pirate if they like it. Games, movies, software of all sorts.
>>
>>54914521
>>54914570
>>54914632
>>54913631

Clearly did not read entire post or article.

This was targeted at a company selling illegal copies of windows for profit.

I completely defend Microsoft's action, they had no other choice but to. If someone was selling your shit without you making any money you'd be pissed to. THIS is when piracy = stealing.
Not the average Jew who wants to save a buck by pirating his OS and other software for personal use.
>>
>>54912862
Use a free (beer) operating system if you don't want to pay for windows.

I have no sympathy for pirates of things that are readily available.
>>
>>54912862
I pirated Windows 7 and partook in the Windows 8 paid-upgrade.

I only did it because I couldn't find the original Windows XP CD I had, even though I still had the CD key written down somewhere.
>>
>>54914686
Literally unplug modem, wait until DHCP lease is up and plug back in
>>
>>54915191
So how were they able to "steal" genuine activation keys then if they sold them and they were genuine how is that selling.
>>
>>54915335
There are internet providers that still give you an static IP...
>>
>>54912862
>more than 1,000 copies of Windows activated by same pirates
>activate windows
>pirate
>wonders why they get caught
That's why you remove windows activation and turn off updates forever. Not a single problem in the last 7 years.
>>
>>54915435
dont know. that's for the court to decide i guess.
>>
>>54915474
>turn off updates
That sounds like a great idea to have your shit stolen by a 15-year script-kiddie
>>
>>54915526
Don't click on any shady links and use common sense 2016, dumbassdumbass
>>
>>54912862
If you're making money from piracy then you deserve jail rape.
>>
>>54915855
Why go through all this bullshit? Why turn off key components of your OS, stop system updates, and install God-knows-what fucking third party software in a misguided and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to "block" the "botnet?"

Wouldn't a smart person just change their OS entirely?
>>
>>54915452
You can call your ISP and have it changed.
>>
>>54915474
>Not a single problem in the last 7 years.

Microsoft doesn't go after Home users, there's no money to even be made by doing so. You lose more in legal fees than you gain.
>>
>>54912862
>lol windows sucks guys
>but I need it for my games so I steal it
>BAWWWWWW WHY CAN'T I STEAL
And these are faggots who want to work in the IT industry someday, but can't stand that people have to pay for things and blame pajeets for taking their jobs.

Good.
>>
As has been stated before this was probably a less than legitimate business that was passing off illegitimate copies of windows to unsuspecting people. Microsoft *should* be going after these kinds of businesses because even the best case their customers are still being conned and possibly the worst case they may have been exposed to malware.
>>
>>54912862
>Am pirating windows right now
Should I quit?
>>
>>54912928
This. If you can't afford it use a cheaper alternative. Don't be a fucking thief.
>>
>>54917244
>Downloaded 7 ultimate off there official website
I didn't steal shit they gave it away and i removed windows activation HA I WIN KEPT THAT FUCKING ISO BACKUP OF BACKS UPS 7 FOR LIFE UP YOUR MICROCUNT!
>>
>>54912862
>Wincucks will defend this
Of course they will. They enjoy getting raped.
>>
>>54912862
So this is a guy that tries to sell pirated stuff right? Who gives a shit, guy had it coming

As long as us private individuals who only copy and don't distribute are fine I don't give af
>>
>>54913548
This
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.