[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All applel memes aside, would a keyboard from the G4 era be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: snap26.jpg (67 KB, 1000x369) Image search: [Google]
snap26.jpg
67 KB, 1000x369
All applel memes aside, would a keyboard from the G4 era be a decent budget gaming keyboard? My family had the flat panel G4 but I don't remember anything about the keyboard in particular. They go for around $15 on eBay if you shop around a bit.
>>
>>54872330
Apple has the worst peripherals of any company ever. They are without question the shittiest keyboards I've ever used.
>>
>>54872472
Fuck you. ALPS switches are GOAT.
>>
I guess as long as it's mechanical i'll be a significant improvement over a modern silicon one. Since it's cheap as fuck i'd say buy it.
>>
>>54872472
Maybe now they are. They were fairly based in the early 2000's.
>>
>>54872472
Are you ducking kidding me? Pre-2000, they had some really, really good keyboards, provided Alps was the switch.
>>
>>54872330
I use mine for gaming so...

It's pretty damn good
>>
>>54872484
>>54872499
>>54872549

G4 era ones aren't mechanical, they're generic rubber domes.
>>
>>54872770
I know, I wasn't talking about that keyboard.
>>
>>54872330
>rubber switches
>includes a shitty USB hub increasing latency
If you're into S&M and want to make yourself suffer, I see why not.
>>
>>54872484
Yeah but you can get alps in anything besides applel shet. Like my Dell at101w with complex blacks.
>>
>>54872330
no they don't feel nice to type on and all the the cheeto dust and shit is visible through the enclosure
the aluminum chiclet ones are actually nicer to use
>>
>>54872472
I have Apple's cabled keyboard and it is actually pretty good. I know there are some autists on /g/ that categorically claim every chiclet keyboard is shit, but It's really nice to type on. Always hated those deep ones, just feels like shit to type on them.
>>
>>54872330
>All applel memes aside
There are no memes. It is reality.
Applefags are mutants with a reality distortion field around them.
>>
>>54872330
>gayming
>>
Extended keyboard 2 is a fantastic keyboard that uses alps. Get one of them with a griffin imate and you're set. The one you posted OP is the worst feeling keyboard apple has made. It is literally so God damn mushy and has less of a tactile bump than the island style keys apple make now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.