[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yahoo Becomes First Company To Disclose FBI National Security Letters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Yahoo hasdisclosed receipt of three national security letters(FBI requests for data that Yahoo is typically barred from sharing) and published redacted copies of the letters online for anyone to see. The company says that the move "marks the first time any company has publicly acknowledged receiving an NSL following the reforms of the USA Freedom Act." The bill was created last year allowing companies to gag orders relating to National Security Letters.

Source: slashdot.org/story/311943
>>
that's quite nice.
pity they're dead in the water and their product is a steaming pile, though.
>>
>>54868263
I'd be more comfortable with the whole NSL thing if they only targeted minorities.
>>
>>54868304
>I'd be more comfortable with the whole NSL thing if they only targeted minorities.
they'd target autistic people next. you probably wouldn't want that.
>>
>>54868304
Of course you would, too bad the govt doesn't give a shit about that, they want your data too whitey.
>>
This is a non story to make Yahoo feel good about itself and for other people to acknowledge Yahoo feeling good about themselves so they can in turn feel good about feeling good about other people feeling about themselves.
No mention of why the FBI contacted Yahoo or what type of information they were requesting.
>>
>>54868441
>Yahoo feel good about itself and for other people to acknowledge Yahoo feeling good about themselves
yep, sounds like the owners of Tumblr
>>
>>54868464
Well, maybe history will remember them being on the right side. They did fight the feds in court after all over surveillance and lost.
>>
>>54868441
>This is a non story to make Yahoo feel good about itself and for other people to acknowledge Yahoo feeling good about themselves so they can in turn feel good about feeling good about other people feeling about themselves.
are you proud of what you've accomplished?
>>
File: 1464765204182.jpg (17 KB, 200x204) Image search: [Google]
1464765204182.jpg
17 KB, 200x204
>>54868441
then read the fucking letter if you want to find out what they were requesting. Fucking hate retards like you
>>
>>54868263
i only ever used yahoo answers to find out what that line is on the bottom of my penis.

And these little bubbles things in my foreskin.

I don't think the NSA would've even cared if yahoo said you can take all of my data.
>>
>>54869015
Not him but it's just three email accounts
https://s.yimg.com/ge/tyc/Redacted_NSLs.pdf
>>
>>54868263
Like anyone cares and will start using their shitty search engine after that, imao. They are so desperate.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.