[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10393 /sandisk-unveils-new-gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: sandisk_ultra_usb-c_1.jpg (162 KB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
sandisk_ultra_usb-c_1.jpg
162 KB, 1000x702
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10393/sandisk-unveils-new-generation-of-usb-typec-flash-drives

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
You're surprised?
>>
>Year of our Lord 2016
>USB flash drives

Why, fām? The cloud exists and it's better.
>>
>>54859653
>low capacity
>low transfer speeds
>need an internet connection to access it
How is it better again?
>>
>not Sandisk Extreme

trashed
>>
>>54859653
See, i used to be like you. I go around sending them nasty e-mails and a nasty texts, puttin' nasty picture on my nasty Facebook. But then I realized, all these things, they live forever, because the government keep a file on us. So all that live forever up in what they call the Clou'. It's a government term. If they could put a file in the Clou', then I wanna make sure I come clean about the bad ones and maybe get those things off my record off the Clou'. Because we all live forever in the Clou'.
>>
>>54859287
I hope USB-C becomes the standard entirely, it's a whole new world now.
>>
>>54859703
When did you turn into a schizo, fåm?
>>
>>54859703
this
>>
Eh, it wil flop (this particular model, not the idea of usb-c flash drives)

The entire point of usb flash drives was the possibility to plug them to any and all computers currently in use, and since usb2.0 with the type-A port is ubiquitous on every post 2002-2003 machine USB flash drives were extremely popular solution to portable data storage.

Before USB type C plug/port becomes at least partially as widespread as the type A plug to make purchase of such device reasonable, flash storage manufacturers will manage to make the drive in OP obsolete or at least unnatractive.
>>
>>54859839
but that usb has both plugs
>>
Any idea what are the read/write speeds on this
>>
>>54859885
How about you read the fucking link
>>
>>54859893
>giving clicks to shills

get out
>>
>>54859893
>anandtech
I don't want to.
>>
>>54859893
That language is uncalled for mister.
>>
Sequential speeds are 150 MB/s in case anyone wondering...
>>
>>54860069
>Sequential speeds are 150 MB/s
Do they drop to 10kbps after the cache (protip: it's pronounced cashay) gets filled?
>>
>>54859653
>The cloud
More like "The clowned". Paying to store shit any government agency can pillage,on a device you can't control is completely retarded.
>>
>>54859287
Somewhat off topic but related; why do write speeds start off so high but drop low whenever I copy something to my USB?
>>
>>54860178
Fetch
>>
File: CFuan.png (22 KB, 297x335) Image search: [Google]
CFuan.png
22 KB, 297x335
>>54860178
Initial estimates are not really accurate, it takes some time to see real average speeds.
>>
>>54860109
Damn.
I just checked again...
Read speeds are ~150 MB/s (suspiciously close to average internal hdd write speed)
Write speeds, estimating from previous year type c models, will be around ~40 MB/s
>>
>>54859653
>using the cloud
>ever
nice try faggot.
>>
>>54860232
What does that mean?

>>54860276
No but the speeds at the start are actually high. It copies 100's of mbs in seconds then drops to like 15-30mb's. Why dont the USB's work at their specified speeds, or at least close to it?
>>
>>54860358
There's this thing called burst speeds, its generally greater than sequential speeds.
>>
FUCK YES
i dream of a time where usb type c is the only connector we need.
GTX 1180 with 5x usb c outputs when?
>>
>>54860410
>burst speeds
What are those? Also, you didn't answer why the speeds are still lower than those that the ports can handle.
>>
>>54860649
Fetch
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.