[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Buy an Asus zenfone! Asus is the most reliable company!!!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
"Buy an Asus zenfone! Asus is the most reliable company!!!"

literally the mark of the devil in the making.
And comes with Android, which ofc most of /g/ probably uses.

>Asus collects your age, date of birth, gender, height, weight, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure as well as certain data about your daily activities, for example, your step taken, calories burned and sleep patterns, when you use our healthcare devices or services.
>>
I'm 80% sure you can remove all that shit
I don't know offhand if the bootloader is locked or not
>>
I don't care. I have nothing to hide. Do you, anon?
>>
>>54851556
Yeah my personal information.

What if i need to do something with drugs or i wanna be a HR offical. Everything about me will be out there.

If i were to become big with selling cocaine, they'd be able to track me pretty quickly, especially in a few years time.

Please stop with his meme.
>>
>he doesn't immediately flash cm after getting a new phone
fucking normies
>>
>>54851481
>when you use our healthcare devices or services.
Is the zenfone a healthcare device and/or service?
>>
>>54851593
Go away criminal scum.

>>54851631
>he doesn't immediately flash aosp after getting a new phone
fucking pajeets
>>
>>54851645
Yeah it has an app that is automatically turned on.

Sony has one which is 10x as bad.

Also don't forget they sell laptops and desktops as well as a whole lot of products

>>54851631
>cm
>>
>>54851481
Oh wow, it collects health-related statistics when you use their Health-related services? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT
>>
>>54851698
Can you remove it?
>>
>>54851708
With root

>>54851703
And sells it to 3rd party companies

https://www.asus.com/au/Terms_of_Use_Notice_Privacy_Policy/Privacy_Policy
>>
>>54851747
According to that page, the data is hashed and anonymized. I'd understand your concern if the data was used to build a profile of you as a person and then sell that directly, but if the data can't be tied to you as a person, then what's the big deal?

Note that you always have the option not to make use of those services, too. The background app in question can probably be disabled, with the consequence that related apps stop working (go figure).
>>
>>54853034
You'd still have google tracking you anyway
>>
>>54851481
>implying i am not genderfluid and they collect useless Data

:>)
>>
>>54855728
>using the smiley with a greater than nose
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.