[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have a corsair h90, should the fan attached to the radiator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: h90_hero_fan[1].png (239 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
h90_hero_fan[1].png
239 KB, 800x585
i have a corsair h90, should the fan attached to the radiator be sucking air towards the radiator or blowing it away from the radiator?

it's facing upwards mounted on the top of the case right now. i figured it should be blowing away from the radiator because hot air rises but is that right?
>>
>>54850410
>push or pull
Doesn't make much difference usually.

>mounted on the top of the case
Usually your top fans are gonna want to be exhaust, but it depends on how the rest of your system is set up. If you front or bottom intake fans, then yeah, set the top to exhaust.

>hot air rises
It does, but this hardly matters once you have a fan or three running, since they'll easily overwhelm any natural convection currents.
>>
Doesn't matter. Either way you blew your money wasting it sucking Corsair cock.
>>
>>54850410
Push is better but pull is easier to clean the radiator with.
>>
>>54851097
¡¡¡OMG!!! someone with brain here
>>
File: guts.jpg (1021 KB, 1155x1573) Image search: [Google]
guts.jpg
1021 KB, 1155x1573
>>54851296
Upside down !!!, Spanish speaking?

Even though I wrote that, I still run my push since it was easier to mount that way on the top, but my lower rad is pull since it's closer to the ground and picks up more dust than the internal rad that already is behind 7 proxi... -eh,filters.
>>
You guys are stupid pull is better almost all the time.
>>
>>54851331
http://martinsliquidlab.petrastech.com/Radiator-Fan-Orientation-And-Shroud-Testing-Review.html

Push/Pull>Push>Pull.
Everyone knows that.
>>
while we're on the topic of radiators, i'm planning on setting up my top mounted radiators fans in pull instead of push, is it fine to have the radiator mounted in only with the fans screws?
>>
File: case_fan_screws.jpg (24 KB, 496x333) Image search: [Google]
case_fan_screws.jpg
24 KB, 496x333
>>54851371
I shouldn't do that.
The rads aren't made for the thick screws that the fans have
If by fan screws you mean these.

If you have the ones that look like the typical HDD screws then it's fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.