[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fantasize about not having a computer at home. In my fantasies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: img4fbc98d23edce.jpg (45 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
img4fbc98d23edce.jpg
45 KB, 500x451
I fantasize about not having a computer at home.
In my fantasies, the home is a sacred place, full of peace and tranquillity. In feng-shui the concept of a peaceful home is very important, and not having electronic/metallic devices in your bedroom is stressed.

The thing is that I have a side job related to computers. I've been thinking about renting an office, just for me.
It's probably what I will end up doing, and my question is... do any of you share this fantasy?

This longing or nostalgia for more peaceful, relaxed times?
I'm 28, not that old. So I want to know if this is a common feeling nowadays.
>>
Dude... you're overworked and manic depressive. Take a long vacation... rather, quit your job and go ski in the Alps for a few months.
>>
>>54845053
How long have you gone without access to a computer? About day four or five I start climbing the walls.
>>
You shouldn't have a computer/laptop in your room period.
Or a tv for that matter desu
I don't even leave my mobile close to bed

Having a comp room is ideal, better of you have a basement/attic where you don't have to see it
>>
Weird, I have this feeling too
>>
>>54845124

I guess 2 or 3 days some years ago.

I don't want to quit computers or anything... I would like to have mine 10 to 15 minutes away from home, at an office.

I would still read news and some boards in my cellphone. And even play some videogames there.

I have to manage some ftps so I can't trust a public wifi, which sucks.
>>
>>54845078
>trying to leave technology aside is now considered a mental illness

What
>>
>>54845053
i totally wish i could do this too!
a quiet home just to be quiet and calm within.
a small office/room somewhere in town with computer.
if only ...
Good luck, i hope your vision can come true.
>>
>>54845053
Sounds really inconvenient. But I usually travel with only my phone and 300dpi e-reader. I may bring a laptop next time so I can code in a gay bar.
>>
>>54845129
What do you do when you need to write down or look up something quick? Passing through a doorway often makes people forget those things. I like to always have my org-mode capture buffer available.
>>
>>54845053
in feng-shui a bunch of chinese guys talked out their ass without even claiming divine authority and you bought it

if they said that you should mave metallic objects in your bedroom to better resonate with your good vibes you would fill your house with computers
>>
>>54845124
I would love to start climbing the walls, I hear leaving electronics gives you inspiration and shit
>>
>>54848928
inspiration to do drugs, maybe
>>
Feng shui is bullshit man.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.