[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stealing WIFI keys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.png (157 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
157 KB, 300x300
Most devices remember the password that is used to authenticate to the SSID.
I’m looking into the possibility of creating a fake router with the same SSID that logs the password that devices use when attempting to connect. I will be like stealing candy from a baby

How can I create router that steals passwords via the described vector?
>>
You have very little understanding of how these things work. Fix that first.

Go and check out aircrack-ng. Their wiki is pretty good as a place to start if you're interested in this sort of thing. I ran a few proof of concept attacks with my own hardware, had less success with the neighbours' stuff. It's not actually as fun as it sounds, to be honest, but then I get bored easily so YMMV.
>>
>>54821977

https://www.wifipineapple.com
>>
File: IHNIWID3.jpg (68 KB, 640x490) Image search: [Google]
IHNIWID3.jpg
68 KB, 640x490
>>54821977
tfw
>>
>>54821977
> mfw: connecting to the SSID
>>
>>54821977
WiFi Pineapple or use a evil twin or that new tool called fluxion search for it on github
>>
how can i google??
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>54821977
A few problems...

>SSID alone won't create the confusion between networks you're looking for. All wireless devices have unique IDs called MAC addresses. Routers, or access points (APs), have BSSIDs, which is just their MAC address. Devices connect to routers by MAC address, not SSID, specifically to avoid such easy spoofing.
>You could spoof a MAC address, but I'm not sure how to do that for an access point.
>Even if the device does connect to your router over the other, and sends you the stored password, the incoming information will be encrypted. WPA2 uses handshakes so that the client knows how to encrypt data in a way that the server can decode it, all while not sending the decode key over the air.

>I will be like stealing candy from a baby
Stop being a faggot.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.