[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mpv/ - the /g/ media player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1460134782003.jpg (276 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460134782003.jpg
276 KB, 1024x1024
> windows builds:
- https://bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads
- https://mpv.srsfckn.biz

> user shaders:
- https://gist.github.com/igv
- https://gist.github.com/voltmtr

> low preset:
vo=opengl:deband:blend-subtitles
hwdec=auto-copy
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?720][vcodec!=vp9]+bestaudio/best

> medium preset:
vo=opengl-hq:blend-subtitles
hwdec=auto-copy
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?1080][vcodec!=vp9]+bestaudio/best

> high preset:
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=oversample:blend-subtitles
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=auto-copy
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?1080]+bestaudio/best

> higher preset:
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=oversample:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:blend-subtitles
hwdec=auto-copy
ytdl-format=bestvideo+bestaudio/best
>>
Absolutely no issues with the latest rorgoroth (angle) build. :D

I wanted to use CrossBilateral but I have dropped frames with H265 files.
So I kept defaults since it's hard to see any differences in motion.
>>
File: mpv_animes.jpg (319 KB, 1000x1231) Image search: [Google]
mpv_animes.jpg
319 KB, 1000x1231
What the purpose of these algorithms? Are they useful for animes?
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/3195
>>
File: types_2.png (580 KB, 1107x579) Image search: [Google]
types_2.png
580 KB, 1107x579
>>54818260
Look like "dynamic contrast" from my television.
>>
File: scr248.png (285 KB, 1152x615) Image search: [Google]
scr248.png
285 KB, 1152x615
Still no official mpc-qt builds for windows!?
>>
>>54817843
Default opengl-hq debanding adds ugly noise and is too aggressive. Presets can be improved with
deband-threshold=48
deband-grain=0
>>
Is there a way to prevent mpv from closing after it finished the playback?
>>
>>54818260
>Are they useful for animes?
It means that you get richer color management, and better lighting quality for your Chinese cartoons.

>>54818778
--keep-open
>>
>>54818260
Isn't this just for HDR content??
>>
>>54819486
It is
>>
>>54818690
>ugly noise
m8, grain is a good thing
>>
>>54818260
>Are they useful for animes?
They're used for HDR tone mapping and nothing else (so they're only relevant for HDR content)

The algorithm/setting is literally ignored for SDR stuff
>>
>>54820174
OK I thought it was something like faux-HDR.
>>
how do i install this? ))
>>
Is there anywhere I can read about how video codecs and video players like mpv work?
>>
>>54817843
>tscale=oversample
Is it better then default?
>>
>>54821198
it's subjective

>>54820685
mpv source code
>>
So the two linked gists containing the filters -- which do I use, which are considered best?

I have a GTX 650 and running Linux, any suggestions which I should choose?

vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=catmull_rom:tscale-clamp:scale=haasnsoft:cscale=haasnsoft:blend-subtitles:fbo-format=rgba16f:post-shaders="~~/ToGamma.glsl,~~/adaptive-sharpen-pass1.glsl,~~/adaptive-sharpen-pass2.glsl"

Currently my vo looks like this.
>>
New to mpv, trying to watch a Twitch VOD and it always plays at the highest video quality (Source). How can i select the quality to play it at?
>>
The adaptive-sharpen shader is awesome.
I can't live without it anymore.
Thank you for porting it in mpv!
>>
File: victoria_mpv_gym_ball.jpg (1 MB, 2667x4000) Image search: [Google]
victoria_mpv_gym_ball.jpg
1 MB, 2667x4000
Mmmh that nice... ball...
>>
>>54821974
>mpv source code
That's like answering "nautilus source" to someone asking about how they can learn about sorting algorithms.
>>
>>54817843
Why should i use auto-copy?
>>
>>54825635
Less CPU usage...
>>
Does it use angle backend by default on windows now?
>>
>>54818260
>animes
End yourself.
>>
File: weird_shit.jpg (196 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
weird_shit.jpg
196 KB, 1024x654
>>54825973
Go fart elsewhere...
>>
File: 1457454051927.png (102 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1457454051927.png
102 KB, 625x626
It does nothing better than mpc-hc/madvr!
So why are you shilling this again and again?
>>
>>54823352
Are you using Livestreamer or youtube-dl? Youtube-dl automatically rips the best quality by default. So just paste the commands like in the op's post.
>>
>>54817843
>
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?1080]+bestaudio/best

For what?
there is no point, stop promoting the shittiest wa to watch youtube shit
>>
>>54826332
I couldn't make youtube-dl work for me :(
>>
>>54826332
>Youtube-dl automatically rips the best quality by default.
Really? Because in my experience it picks 720p by default.
>>
>>54826530
What's the best way so?
>>
>>54826556
makes should you paste youtube-dl.exe in the same directory as mpv.

>>54826600
Youtube-dl is one of the best ways to watch youtube because you can still use it's ability to download video streaming files. Mpv+youtube online streaming is just a bonus advantage of using youtube-dl.

Again, it's not just for youtube.
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/docs/supportedsites.md
>>
>>54826947
>makes should you paste youtube-dl.exe in the same directory as mpv.
I did, tried using several commands, but nothing works, what do you use?
>>
mpv has such a shitty icon. circle and play button, how original.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (84 KB, 471x377) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
84 KB, 471x377
>>54826957
Well in my directory I just paste ffmpeg, youtube-dl, mpv in the same directory.

Then I just use open with add on, which allows you to run applications on your browser. It's a godends for command-line programs because you can add arguments to them.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/

You can use this add on to automate commands for mpv, youtube-dl. Pic Related is the setup that I have for my toaster laptop.
>>
>>54827316
I was downloading videos with it fine, just not able to stream them, though I can use mpv [url] command line anyways.

Why do you need ffmpeg anyway? mind giving me the link to it
>>54827268
I like it
>>
Did they fix bad interpolation performance?
>>
http://i.imgur.com/M0gyyBd.png

youtube - http://i.imgur.com/TvCGNif.png
mpv - http://i.imgur.com/20lT5T9.png
>>
>>54827693
Youtube on Chrome - http://i.imgur.com/ZEGg36x.png
>>
>>54827737
The best!
>>
>>54826181
There's a simple reason that you could have figured out yourself if you weren't retarded: MPC-HC and madVR don't work on OS X and GNU/Linux. Regardless of whether you think MPC-HC is better than, worse than or pretty much the same as mpv, /g/'s OS X and GNU/Linux users can't use it anyway, so there are always going to be people talking about alternative video players.
>>
File: mplayer.png (44 KB, 468x331) Image search: [Google]
mplayer.png
44 KB, 468x331
>>54827268
I don't like the logo either, but because of the weird faux-3D shading. The actual design of the logo is fine. The circle in a play button is from MPlayer. It makes sense for mpv's logo to be a reference to MPlayer's.
>>
Where do I put the "presets" to use them in mpv?
>>
How can I go to the next file in the directory after playing a file?
>>
>>54827371
>Why do you need ffmpeg anyway? mind giving me the link to it
Youtube-dl and MPV are build around ffmpeg libraries,so bleeding edge verisions of youtube-dl/mpv use bleeding edge verisions of ffmpeg.
https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Youtube-dl has a lot of powerful features that uses ffmpeg. Big example is it's ability to convert video into audio files. Or how youtube-dl can merge a video only format with a audio only format to the create the best format.
>>
>>54825596
I would agree with you if nautilus was a program solely dedicated to sorting.

mpv is a program solely dedicated to playing back media. (and the vo is a component solely dedicated to playing back video)
>>
>>54826947
>youtube-dl is a better of watching youtube videos than youtube-dl
???
>>
>>54828406
Only thing I dislike about the logo is how goddamned asymmetric it is
>>
>>54826181
>It does nothing better than mpc-hc/madvr!
It runs on Linux (the most popular /g/ OS) better
>>
>>54829246
download and drop on the mpv folder as well I am guessing?
>>54827958
?
>>
>>54829976
>download and drop on the mpv folder as well I am guessing?
yep.
>>
>>54830011
Thanks, gonna see if it makes svp work with mpv for fun.
>>
Is there a way to display the video directly to an external device like a hdmi projector, without going through the OS
>>
>>54830463
I should specify on ubuntu
>>
>>54830473
Tried some shaders and can see no difference at all. Am I doing something wrong? Is something other than putting shader into config dir and changin vo to something like
vo=opengl-hq:user-shaders="~~/SuperRes1.glsl"
required?
>>
>>54830570
>>54830473
Didn't meant to quote.
>>
>>54830011
isn't ffmpeg an .exe? how come I am getting a bunch of files from there?
>>
The bitbucket build use little more cpu usage than sourceforge build when using ANGLE backend. Why?
>>
>>54830580
fuck you
>>
Why shouldn't I just use VLC?
>>
>>54828857
in the mpv.conf file you create in the same directory as mpv.exe
>>
>>54831414
Shut the fuck up and try both side by side. Nobody needs to justify MPV to you.
>>
>>54832037
I did. With my nvidia card, I simply went to the nvidia control panel, went to "adjust video color settings", went to the advanced tab, and changed "dynamic range" to "full" instead of "limited". Then I went to "Change resolution" and changed "output dynamic range" to full.

Then they looked exactly the same.

So again, faggot, why should I use MPV?
>>
I just downloaded the latest rorgoroth build, and the zip contained a few additional files:

D3DCompiler_47.dll
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll

What are those? Why are they needed? Are they?
>>
>>54832122
>So again, faggot, why should I use MPV?

Nobody needs to give you an answer to this you spoonfed little nigger. If you try them side by side and don't like MPV, don't use it, and leave this thread.

Is that too difficult to grasp, retard?
>>
>>54832122
>So again, faggot, why should I use MPV?

Different anon here but get this.

We don't give a single solitary FUCK whether or not you use mpv. Stop asking this MORONIC question you massive idiot, if you want to use subpar video players and cannot even see the difference or not enjoy all the features baked into mpv by default just FUCK OFF out of these threads!

You are not constructive, you are just a shitposter with nothing to add.
>>
>>54832140
>>54832163
I won't rest until every one of you fags does what I did and realizes that mpv is a meme "solution" to a problem with VLC that doesn't exist.
>>
>>54832166
Get a job and get a life you pathetic loser.

Nobody gives a shit that you use VLC. Nobody gives a shit about you.
>>
>>54832179
Nobody gives a shit that you use MPV so why are you making threads about this memeplayer?
>>
>>54832163
>>We don't give a single solitary FUCK whether or not you use mpv. Stop asking this MORONIC question you massive idiot, if you want to use subpar video players and cannot even see the difference or not enjoy all the features baked into mpv by default just FUCK OFF out of these threads!
>
>You are not constructive, you are just a shitposter with nothing to add.

Can we add this to the OP so "why should I use mpv?" isn't asked as much? /g/ is filled with a bunch of NEETs with no lives and no jobs who hunger for the next big thing and they constantly ask to be spoonfed a reason to satisfy their autistic need to have the best software on their mom's old laptop.
>>
>>54832166

Can't you then at least become a tripfag?
We don't see mpv as a solution to a big problem - we just prefer this lightweight player that has a ton of neat options out of the box over players that need addons for the same functionality or simply doesn't let me change options to my liking.

And who the fuck cares? If mpv is getting better and better (FOSS no less), then either it will trump other players, or they will get better too, so everybody wins!
>>
>>54832186
>why are you making threads about this memeplayer?

why are you here at all since you don't give a shit? You're the fucking memer here with your stupid meme baiting questions you fucking retarded NEET.

Get a job already you piece of shit. Your parents are fucking fed up with you.
>>
>>54832210
Why are you replying to me if you don't give a shit? If anyone is a NEET, it's you, with your CLI 1337hacker video(meme) player.
>>
>>54832186

To discuss newest features?

A lot of these threads have actually lead to code changes, added features and generally improved the program.
Basically, /mpv/ is one of the last remnants of real technology discussion on this shithole of a consumerism board.
>>
>>54832237

You are the meme.
I have been using mpv for ~1 year now and have almost never used it via command line.
>>
>>54832237
I give a shit about mpv and I want you to find something else to do with your time, like finding a job, you worthless nigger.
>>
>>54832282
But I'm not black.
>>
>>54832287
Then you should be even more ashamed that you're here memeing instead of finding a job.
>>
>>54832317
Nobody's memeing except you, buddy.
>>
>>54832132
For ANGLE backend
>>
>>54828257
Pretty much this.

Also Windows users need to get the fuck out. >>>/v/
>>
>>54832132
Clearly virus files disguised as a Dungeons&Dragons compiler.
>>
>>54817843
I think I have mpv installed using apt on my Xubunutu already. How do I use those presets? Are they something I need during the building or is there a file I modify with these?
>>
>>54832481
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#files
>>
>>54832122
>Then they looked exactly the same.
Confirmed blind
>>
>>54830463
How do you plan on running mpv without an operating system?
>>
>>54825848
Thanks.........................................
>>
>>54828903
Can anyone answer this or should I just go back to using mpc-hc for anime
>>
Does mpv support streaming from the Internet? What about streaming from a password protected server?
>>
>>54833061
yes and yes
>>
>>54833043
You can drap&drop multiple files or a folder on mpv window, < and > keys will go back and forth files
>>
>>54833157
or use autoload.lua script
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
>>
>>54833157
>derg&derp
or just play the folder directly (e.g. from the context menu) instead of using two steps and a shitton of pseudo-gui hacks to do so
>>
>>54833222
> the context menu
I don't think he registered that with via bat script.
>pseudo-gui hacks to do
I thought winfags liked that.
>>
>>54833067
I'm not finding anything in the mpv manual about authentication when streaming over HTTP.
>>
>>54833194
Thanks, this looks the easiest. I'll try this tomorrow . Anyone have any suggestions for a remote control Android app to use with mpv?
>>
>>54833043
Just use Baka MPlayer.
>>
>>54833362
Standard HTTP auth is embedded in the URI, e.g. https://user@pass:example.com/file.mkv
>>
File: no_idea.png (29 KB, 1899x153) Image search: [Google]
no_idea.png
29 KB, 1899x153
I need help getting ustream to work the way I want. Can anybody give me an advice on what do with that?

I am using firefox addon "Open with" to send ustream links into livestreamer, which then opens the stream in MPV. NASA's stream was the first I noticed on the front page, so I am using it for testing. Available streams for that one are 240p_mobile, 240p and 720p+.

So if I try to open the 720p stream in a way described above, livestreamer always detects only the dogshit 240p_mobile stream and opens MPV with that one. Furthermore I get error message shown in picture with that (can't copy paste it, sorry).
But when I open the stream through command line like "livestreamer.exe http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv", it works flawlessly and opens the 720p stream.

The only config option I added is "default-stream=best" to get the best quality available.

Also, youtube-dl is telling me ustream is unsupported URL, so that's the reason why I can't just directly use MPV to open the streams, without livestreamer in the middle of that.
>>
I'm a casual, how do I make a "config" file on windows? I know its with notepad but what should I type in it if I want to prevent mpv from closing after playback? Do I save the text file as .config? and where do I place the file?
>>
>>54834161
>>54832518

>prevent mpv from closing
keep-open
>>
>>54834161
You just name it mpv.conf and put it in the same folder as mpv.exe

Here's a conf file that emulates MPC-HC which I created to ease my transition to mpv. You need to change the first 2 according to what system you have.

# Use dxva2 rendering
--hwdec=dxva2

# Use opengl
--vo=opengl

# Audio settings
--ao=wasapi
--audio-channels=2

# Use .png for screenshots
--screenshot-format=png
--screenshot-png-compression=1

# Subtitle settings
--sub-text-font="Arial"
--sub-text-font-size=42
--sub-text-bold=yes
--sub-auto=fuzzy

# Rice
--script-opts=osc-vidscale=no,osc-scalefullscreen=1.5,osc-scalewindowed=1.2,osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=bar,osc-minmousemove=0

# Don't allow a new window to have a size larger than 90% of the screen size
--autofit-larger=90%x90%

# Place window in center of screen.
--geometry=50%:50%

# Play Youtube videos no bigger than 720p
--ytdl-format=best[height <=? 720]
>>
>>54834244
>dxva2
>screenshot
pick one
>>
>>54834309
Just enable dxva2-copy in that case. I merely did what MPC-HC does for that example conf.
>>
>>54834244
Thanks I got it to work but

># Use dxva2 rendering
>--hwdec=dxva2
># Use opengl
>--vo=opengl
># Audio settings
>--ao=wasapi
>--audio-channels=2

what do these do?
>>
>>54820160
grain is a thing that comes up with HQ film cameras. The camera captures those artifacts due to its higher end lenses. Because the videos are released as high quality with those cameras, the grans are seen as "HQ" too, even though its just imperfections.

TL;DR grains are meme
>>
>>54834954
>grains are meme
fuck off, you don't understand shit

grain is aesthetically pleasing because it masks artifacts like banding, quantization, aliasing or blocking and also because it increases the perceived resolution and sharpness of an image

the reason deband filters grain by default are specifically because the random nature of the grain masks the characteristic discontinuity lines of banded content
>>
>>54835100
Those artifacts shouldn't exist in the first place. Their existence is evidence that the content is low definition.
>>
>>54835147
>Those artifacts shouldn't exist in the first place.
Feel free to pay youtube to deliver everything in 80 Mbps HEVC
>>
>>54835160
Or they can pay for it and then create a subscription model.
>>
>>54835100
grains in anime are used to mask low quality video

With high quality video, grains are imperfections rather than adding quality.
>>
>>54835167
>he would rather pay to watch low quality cat recordings on a shitty jewish site than just enable debanding
good goy
>>
>>54817843

Why should I choose MPV over vlc?
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 747x1328
Any android plans?
>>
>>54835748
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2272
In short - "no, not in the near future".
>>
Damn, I think all these /mpv/ threads affect madvr development. I really hope madshi will not give up...
I don't know why but mpv even with ewa scalers looks less better than madvr. Maybe because I am on windows?
>>
>>54836646
mpv is just better.
Normies would use their vlc (or mpc with EVR), and anons would use mpv, and madvr would be forgotten.
>>
>>54836882
normies use their browser's embedded video player

(netfligs and jewtube)
>>
>>54836907
God, you're right.
>>
Can someone explain what this is to me and why I should use it.
>>
>>54837082
/g/ meme kings like it because it makes them feel like leet haxxors because it's a cli video player, like unique butterflies for not conforming and using VLC.
>>
>>54837120
I'm not sure what you just said.
>>
>>54837155
Those who browse this thread typically do so because it makes them believe that they are "hackers", or "unique" because most people would just use VLC.
>>
>>54837210
What does this media player do differently than VLC?
>>
>>54837233
If you can't make the leap to even distinguish between different players by yourself, then its not worth it to use a different player.

Just keep using VLC if you're already happy with it.

People will naturally jump ship when they are not happy with their current one.
>>
Can I add a function to the config file that makes mpv load and play the next file that's in the same folder? If I'm watching a TV-show and don't want mpv to shutdown after every episode. If yes, how?
>>
>>54837443
autoload.lua script
>>
>>54837540
Thank you very much.
>>
>>54832745
No, the program itself runs on ubuntu, but MPV interacts with my graphics card directly to output to my projector.

Ubuntu has terrible screen tearing whenever I try to play a video with any player, so I want to see if I can bypass it altogether
>>
>>54837746
Oh, so you just mean running mpv without a compositor?

Yes, just use a DE that isn't complete and utter shit.
>>
File: EVm3Vfr~01.png (722 KB, 872x616) Image search: [Google]
EVm3Vfr~01.png
722 KB, 872x616
MPDN > MPV

+ Modern and intuitive GUI.
+ Very advanced preset system.
+ Optimized D3D video renderer.
+ Optimized interpolation like algo aka Fluidmotion.
+ Smart reclock and display framerate switcher.
>>
how to i set the + and - jump time to 3 seconds niggers? don't give me the manual, it's complicated.
>>
>>54838571
R T F M
>>
File: 1463548818946.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463548818946.jpg
114 KB, 1200x1200
>tfw you realize you can drag and drop from youtube
>>
>>54837082
>>54837120
I use mpv and have never once entered anything in the command line. mpv achieves higher quality content while using less resources.
>>
>>54838331
kill yourself
>>
Why these videos are lagging with dxva?
https://mega.nz/#F!nBYmSYaa!kwwbZqohqEryTefH9J0ftA
>>
Is interpolation broken again?
>>
>>54839908
No, what's your problem?
>>
>>54839921
if i were to hazard a guess, i'd say is problem is that interpolation is not working
>>
Hey plex will use mpv as video player in its next release.
There are builds on github and here:
https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/public-testing/latest/
Did anybody try it? Can we use it as free user?
>>
>>54840012
I think you have too old gpu, so it doesn't support interpolation.
If you are on windows you have to use mpv.com yourfile.mkv and see yellow and red errors.
>>
File: 1279630517046.png (85 KB, 279x192) Image search: [Google]
1279630517046.png
85 KB, 279x192
>command-line based media player
>2016
>>
>>54840157
Everything is cli based, you know. :D
>>
>>54840157
See >>54839111
>>
i'm a noob, what does hwdec=auto do?
>>
>>54840157
>2016
>shitposting
Are you crazy?
They will kill you and rape any girls in your house.
>>
File: screenshot001.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot001.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
KODI == MPV (video quality)
So why? Furthermore Kodi works on mobile devices too.
>>
>https://gist.github.com/igv
>no description
>no comparison (off/on)
>why?
>>
>>54840473
>description
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts#pixel-shaders
>>
>CrossBilateral
>Chroma scaler that uses luma information for high quality upscaling.
Does it mean it is used only when upscaling?
>>
>>54840423
So you expect me to open up a big media center application and navigate to my file every time i just want to quickly play a short video I download?
>>
>>54840513
No antiring for FineSharp? :(
>>
What's the default location for where screenshots are saved?
>>
>>54841347
>What's the default location for where screenshots are saved?
Home folder.
>>
Damn, that's so good.
>>
Is bomi ok?
>>
File: sad_mpv.png (206 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
sad_mpv.png
206 KB, 512x512
I can't use CrossBilateral shader on my toaster, even with vo=opengl. :(
>>
>>54844431
I have dropped frames as hell!
>>
>>54840423
Kodi's lack of color management is a deal breaker for me
>>
>>54844466
Is it important for people who don't calibrate their monitor?
>>
What's the good way to watch torrent in streaming with mpv?
>>
>>54844558
peerflix -k torrent
>>
>>54818093
Is angle supposed to be better than dxinterop? I tested it, but Im getting tons of framedrops with angle. Not worth it for me right now.
>>
>>54825241
Try SuperRes and hdr too.
>>
>>54844490
If you watch BT.2020 content it is
>>
>>54844905
I tried the faux-HDR.glsl shader but damn, who is using this shit, it saturates my videos too much.
>>
>>54844883
Depends entirely in your drivers, but it it supposed to be slower than dxinterop if your drivers aren't trash
>>
>>54844851
;)
>>
File: before-after-image-600x399.jpg (45 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
before-after-image-600x399.jpg
45 KB, 600x399
Is the faux-HDR shader supposed to produce this kind of effect?
http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-create-a-subtle-faux-hdr-effect-directly-in-lightroom-4-with-a-single-image/
>>
>>54844957
Interesting. ANGLE is more faster for me than dxinterop even hving decent intel driver
>>
File: testtest.jpg (303 KB, 870x1154) Image search: [Google]
testtest.jpg
303 KB, 870x1154
>>54845046
>>
>>54845119
>intel
>drivers
>>
>>54831999
Thanks, but I'm using Linux.
>>
File: 2016-05-31_18-05-31.jpg (173 KB, 1161x684) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31_18-05-31.jpg
173 KB, 1161x684
I'm having subtitle issues with the latest nightly on Windows with backend=angle. Pic related is what I'm getting. Any help?
I'm running Windows 10 on:
Intel i7-3610QM
Intel HD 4000/Nvidia GeForce 610M
>>
>>54845252
Previous builds work?
>>
>>54845287
Yeah, the 5-21-16 one on sourceforge worked. The build I have now is the one from rorgoroth.
>>
>>54845160
It looks very good in this comparison. <3
>>
>>54845160
>>54845046
I'd assume it's supposed to do this, yeah
>>
>>54845331
The latest sourceforge is 2016-05-29. Is that worked for u?
>>
File: 2016-05-31_21-01-04.jpg (188 KB, 1161x684) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-31_21-01-04.jpg
188 KB, 1161x684
>>54848976
Get the same issue.
>>
>>54817843
>blend-subtitles

Why would you want this garbage? It prevents you from having subtitles in the black bars on 2.35:1 content.
>>
>>54849049
Oh. It seems remove the 'pbo' option on my vo line solves the issue.
>>
>>54849267
It seems if I remove*
>>
Why is the GUI on this so shit? Can I set up keybindings to adjust the audio boost like CMPlayer?
>>
>>54849409
9 and 0 adjusts audio
>>
I just set up this player. Where is the volume slider?
>>
>>54849451
What about amplification? Can I change the bindings?
>>
>>54849457
> What about amplification?
softvol=yes
softvol-max=600

> Can I change the bindings?
Yes.
>>
>>54837799
pls recommend a DE for this
>>
>>54845046
http://prodigalconcepts.com/8-steps-to-fake-hdr/
>>
>tfw debian
mpv 0.9.2 (C) 2000-2015 mpv/MPlayer/mplayer2 projects
built on Sat Aug 22 16:34:45 UTC 2015

What features am i missing?
>>
File: 1401989366243.jpg (16 KB, 208x335) Image search: [Google]
1401989366243.jpg
16 KB, 208x335
# Video settings
vo=opengl-hq:tscale=oversample:tscale-clamp:temporal-dither:interpolation:blend-subtitles=yes
video-sync=display-resample # Required for interpolation
hwdec=no

# Audio settings
audio-channels=stereo
alang=jp,jpn,Japanese,en,eng,English
volume=100

# Cache settings
cache=yes
cache-default=2000000
cache-backbuffer=1000000
cache-initial=1000
cache-seek-min=2000
cache-secs=1000

# Subtitle settings
slang=en,eng,English
sub-auto=fuzzy # Load all additional subtitle files which contain the media filename
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes # Force kerning on subtitle fonts
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll # Try to show subs at seek point

# Kawaii styling for unstyled subs
sub-text-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-text-font-size=48
sub-text-margin-y=36
sub-text-color="#ffffffff"
sub-text-border-color="#ff262626"
sub-text-border-size=3.2
sub-text-shadow-offset=1
sub-text-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-text-spacing=0.5

# Screenshot settings
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-template="~/%F[%P]_[%td.%tm.%tY][%tH:%tM:%tS]"
screenshot-high-bit-depth=no # "yes", the default, often results in ~10MB filesizes

# OSC style
script-opts=osc-layout=bottombar

# OSD rice
osd-bar=no
osd-font="Source Sans Pro"
osd-font-size=45
osd-border-size=1
osd-color='#fdfdfd'
osd-border-color='#6b6b70'

# Miscellaneous
geometry=50%:50% # Open mpv in the dead-centre of the screen
autofit-larger=100% # Never create mpv windows with sizes larger than the screen resolution
stop-screensaver=yes
ytdl # Enable streaming via youtube-dl
>>
>>54850233
I will never understand why Debian is so popular and why it has so many fanboys. Do people really like using nearly 10 month old software?
>>
>>54843561
no
>>
>>54835559
You shouldn't.
>>
File: 1464663198599.jpg (159 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1464663198599.jpg
159 KB, 900x675
>>54851403
debian user == caveman
>>
>>54851403
>Implying change is always good.

Some of us prefer stability to placebo performance gains.
I stick other shit on my laptop but my main rig is always running Debian stable and it never has issues and is just always what I expect it to be.
>>
>>54845046
Before is more pleasant to my eye
>>
>>54851975
>Some of us prefer stability to placebo performance gains.
Yeah, because performance-related updates are the only kind of updates that exist, right? There's no such thing as updates which add useful new features, is there?

>is just always what I expect it to be.
Outdated?
>>
Next madVR release will destroy mpv again.
>>
What does SuperRes and FineSharp do?
>>
File: *closes laptop with foot*.gif (403 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
*closes laptop with foot*.gif
403 KB, 320x240
>>54852142
>some Windows-only proprietary software for an outdated multimedia stack will "destroy" mpv
>presumably with more doom9 meme filters that make the image look like an oil painting
lmao
>>
>>54834244
>--geometry=50%:50%
I don't have this and it already goes to the center?
>--ytdl-format=best[height <=? 720]
why limit this to 720p?
>--hwdec=dxva2
This can cause trouble, but wondering what exactly it does, I have it on " no ".
>>54837082
Honestly, it's a good player missing a GUI to gain popularity, but people here are retarded and haven't noticed that the only thing that's holding it back is a proper GUI.

Not like the care, because this is just to flaunt you are part of the cool kids klub.

However if you were to tell me why I use it over mpc/potplayer is because I gotten use to it, and I like how portable it is, though it lacks features like editing your settings on the fly like madvr does or potplayer with it's sharpening, or capturing multiple frames to make a gif or hell even a video.
>>54840071
I tried plex, but the god dam key shorcuts made me fucking quit.

WHO IN THE FUCK PUTS "SKIP TO NEXT FILE" to the arrow keys, and than has the fucking audacity to put seeking on shift+arrow keys? and on top of it the fucking player does not remember the last positioned play.

I enjoyed the concept while it lasted, hell I was gonna get the pass, but fuck that.
>try another media player client
they also suck, and barely even let you customize anything.

>>54851318
>
volume=100

How do you people do that, I have to put my volume to like 10-20% while watching anime.

Only times I need to end up upping the volume is when I have to watch a tv show.
>
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-template="~/%F[%P]_[%td.%tm.%tY][%tH:%tM:%tS]"
screenshot-high-bit-depth=no # "yes", the default, often results in ~10MB filesizes

>that stutter when you take a picture
I'll pass.
>>
>>54852142
>next
>implying it hasn't destroyed it already

MPV is literally the GIMP of video players, okayish as a libre alternative, inferior to regular windows programs
>>
>>54852220
Nah performance and less bloated result.
>>
>>54852269
>How do you people do that, I have to put my volume to like 10-20% while watching anime.
I just use the system-wide audio control. I don't like fiddling around with audio settings across various different programs and I know what global audio level is "right" for me depending on what I'm listening to (music - 50-60%, chinese cartoons - 75%, films and tv - 90%).

>>that stutter when you take a picture
>I'll pass.
I'm a bit of an assburger about taking screenshots. I pause and seek to the exact frame I want to capture, so there's no lag for me.

>--geometry=50%:50%
>I don't have this and it already goes to the center?
I've been using this too. I decided to test it just now and it seems like this option has been made default. It used to be default some time ago, but then it stopped being for some reason, but it seems like it's now the default once again. I'm going to keep it in my config anyway in case it stops being default again in future.
>>
>>54852316
literally retard
>>
>>54852335
>I just use the system-wide audio control.
Explain further?
>>
>>54852430
I'm referring to the audio control for your entire OS, which controls the volume across ever program you use, as opposed to program-specific audio controls which only effect the program they're a part of.
>>
>>54852451
That still makes no sense to me, but whatever.
>>
>>54852474
Doesn't your OS have a little audio icon on the taskbar or whatever? That's the audio control I'm talking about.

If you still don't understand, then I don't know what else I could say to make it any clearer.
>>
File: volumecontrol.png (25 KB, 322x371) Image search: [Google]
volumecontrol.png
25 KB, 322x371
>>54852474
>>54852430
It's this thing, senpai. When you twiddle it, it changes the volume for every program on your system. You can have mpv's volume set to "100%" and it will only be 100% of what this thing is set to, not 100% of your computer's maximum volume output.
>>
>>54852489
But that doesn't solve the problem of a certain file being loud as fuck when you open it with volume at 100%
>>54852494
I.. fine..
>>
>>54852502
>But that doesn't solve the problem of a certain file being loud as fuck when you open it with volume at 100%
I've never had that problem because ordinarily my system volume is at 50% which is never anywhere near loud enough to hurt my ears even with very loud files.

I'm on gahnoo/linux though so maybe the audio control on Windows (assuming that's what you're using) is worse somehow?
>>
https://upload.teknik.io/apXyc.txt

what i miss or whats wrong

>>54851318
>
# Cache settings
cache=yes
cache-default=2000000
cache-backbuffer=1000000
cache-initial=1000
cache-seek-min=2000
cache-secs=1000

what this do?
>>
>>54852622
# Video settings

#vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:user-shaders="~~/shaders/AdaptiveSharpen.glsl":tscale=bicubic::scale=ewa_lanczos
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:interpolation:tscale=oversample:tscale-clamp:temporal-dither:user-shaders="~~/shaders/AdaptiveSharpen.glsl":
hwdec=no

# Audio settings
softvol=no
softvol-max=180
volume=-1
#--af=volume=5 #ups the voume higher than it should
#audio-device=wasapi/{ed7f17e5-b139-4b58-bcb1-5411e36f3628} #switch audio output

# OSC settings
script-opts=osc-layout=box,osc-seekbarstyle=bar

# OSD settings
osd-font="Borda 10"
osd-font-size=60
osd-border-size=1.5
#osd-scale-by-window=yes #Make the OSD-FONT scale by window

# Subtitles
sub-text-font-size=50
sub-text-font="Tahoma"
sub-text-margin-y=40
sub-text-shadow-offset=1.5
sub-text-border-size=2.5
sub-text-shadow-color="#96000000"
sub-text-spacing=0.5
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll # Try to show subs at seek point
#sub-gauss=.75
sub-gray=yes
sub-auto=fuzzy # Load all additional subtitle files which contain the media filename
#no-sub-ass # Use default subs
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes # Force kerning on subtitle fonts
slang=English,eng,en

# Screenshot settings
screenshot-template=C:/Users/MotionzMedia/Pictures\mpv-screenshot-%n
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-jpeg-quality=100
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-high-bit-depth=yes

# Window settings
keep-open=yes
autofit=55%

# Miscellaneous settings
save-position-on-quit

# Unknown and custom settings

# Extensions - Do not add custom settings that are not extension related below this line.
--ontop

#Playback
[extension.gif]
loop-file=inf

[extension.webm]
loop-file=inf

# Streams
ytdl=yes
ytdl-format=bestvideo+bestaudio/best
>>
>>54852622
https://mpv.io/manual/master/
>>
>>54820685
A simple, short-hand answer that requires no technical expertise what-so-ever:

codecs: A specification that defines how certain types of data should be stored. Implementation of a codec requires 2 components: An encoder, that translates existing data into a format specified by the codec, and a decoder, that "untranslates" the encoded data back into a format suitable for viewing.

An easy-to-understand example of this would be morse code. All characters in the english alphabet, and some extra special characters, are represented by long and short signals.
The encoder and decoder in this example are the radio operators, who handle the encoding and decoding of messages on the fly.

If you want a more in-depth focus on video codecs themselves, I suggest you look for their technical specifications and brush up on your math if needed, as they can be fairly complicated to understand without a good understanding of things like transforms.
>>
Latest rorgoroth's build:
vo=opengl-hq:deband=no:cscale=spline16:scale=spline16:backend=angle
hwdec=auto-copy

Latest mpc-hc nightly with madvr:
cscale: jinc aka ewa_lanczossharp
scale: lanczos3ar
smoothmotion: on
rendering: 29-36ms

These are the maximum config I can use on my toaster without dropped frames and madvr picture is much better and smoothmotion is a must have for me.
>>
File: madvr_vs_mpv_celebs.jpg (258 KB, 1375x875) Image search: [Google]
madvr_vs_mpv_celebs.jpg
258 KB, 1375x875
Fight!
>>
File: 23hz.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23hz.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I am using autospeedwin.lua script.
But it has strange behavior.
This is with autospeed-rates="23,50,60"
>>
File: 24hz.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
24hz.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>54854146
This is with autospeed-rates="23,24,50,60"
Which one is better?
>>
Green screen with latest rorgoroth build and crash when fullscreen.
Crash with latest sourceforge build.
>>
>>54820314
which OS?
>>
Are there any useful glsl shaders that aren't just meme sharpening/saturation filters?
>>
>>54844940
where do you get BT.2020 content?
>>
>>54854423
>saturation
Why do you need any shaders at all, retard?
>>
File: comp.jpg (108 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
comp.jpg
108 KB, 600x798
>>54845046
This image on top

faux-HDR shader (http://pastebin.com/raw/40jNL9WD) on bottom
>>
>>54850024
I just use xmonad with no compositor. Works like a charm
>>
>>54854533
why do you still use this old version?
>>
>>54852269
>that stutter when you take a picture
If you want to minimize stutter (and maximize quality) when taking pictures, you can use
screenshot-format=pgmyuv
and output to a tmpfs.

With that setting, I don't notice any sort of stutter whatsoever. Unfortunately, imagemagick can't really work with .pgmyuv files.
>>
File: comp.jpg (104 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
comp.jpg
104 KB, 600x798
>>54854552
pic related with https://gist.githubusercontent.com/igv/e14e588957acede6283ec67909392087/raw/b7ead4aeebc76ce49eed7806002efbabffe92885/faux-HDR.glsl on the bottom instead
>>
>>54854627
try without
#define Soft
>>
File: 1350167089925.jpg (54 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
1350167089925.jpg
54 KB, 358x429
>>54817843
>>54818260

Stop sexual objectification of women and girls.
>>
>>54854656
why?
>>
>>54854806

Because it's ethically wrong. It causes suffering to humans for no good cause.
>>
>>54854934
>Because it's ethically wrong
why?
>It causes suffering to humans
how?
>>
>>54829785
Windows 7/10 is by far the most popular OS on /g/.
>>
>>54854934
You mean “it causes suffering to objects”?
>>
>>54855007
popular =/= good
>>
File: 1419983221929.png (272 KB, 363x518) Image search: [Google]
1419983221929.png
272 KB, 363x518
>>54855016
Are you trying to make a point?
>>
>>54855007
>Windows 7/10 is by far the most popular OS on /g/.
Is that with or without the /v/ spillover?
>>
>>54850233
You can compile the latest version of MPV using mpv-build using the packages available in the official debian repo. Using mpv-build you get the biggest dependencies statically linked into the binary, so no worries about that.
>>
>>54854806
>>54854952
It's that feminist faggot from other thread. Go back to lgbt board you fucking faggot
>>
>>54855007
wrong, the last bigger polls showed that GNU/Linux was the most popular.
>>
>>54854952

I'm going to just share a babby-tier YouTube video explaining it because it's the first easy-to-swallow explanation that pops to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4dPB9MVS8
>>
And here's a study for the "muh science" nerds:

http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/cou/52/3/420/

("Muh science" is a bad thing in the context of sociology because we CAN NOT put whole societies into lab tubes, change culture variables, and watch how they develop over centuries.)
>>
>>54852020
>Yeah, because performance-related updates are the only kind of updates that exist, right? There's no such thing as updates which add useful new features, is there?
Actually, I believe the biggest argument in favour of Debian's style is exactly to prevent new features and other major changes from being introduced, as these could introduce new problems for the end-user who just wants something that works the way they remember it.
>>
>>54855148
>mah stop doing things i don't like
none of the examples she showed were of women who didn't agree to have their photo taken like that, what makes her the authority of what should be normal?
>>
>>54855200
>Actually, I believe the biggest argument in favour of Debian's style is exactly to prevent new features and other major changes from being introduced, as these could introduce new problems for the end-user who just wants something that works the way they remember it.
If this was true then thy would have opposed systemd. Instead they were one of the first to embrace it
>>
>>54855419
>>54855379
>>54855200
>>54852020
>>54851975
>>54851403
could you people stop this clueless discussion?
for those that want newer multimedia program versions on debian there is deb-multimedia.org so debian doesn't break the dfsg
>>
>>54855379

Individual women consenting to having objectified images taken of them does not disprove that objectification is harmful on a societal scale.
>>
>>54854934
silly feminist thinks women are humans
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.