[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In Android Marshmallow 6.0, Adoptable Storage was introduced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: storage.png (122 KB, 541x321) Image search: [Google]
storage.png
122 KB, 541x321
In Android Marshmallow 6.0, Adoptable Storage was introduced.

Basically, Adoptabe Storage replaces apps like Links2SD or Apps2Sd, that made Android think your external SD Card was one with Androids main flash drive so you can move apps and games to the external SD card.

Adoptable Storage does have its quirks, some apps might not move, but its a good option for phones with limited memory.

If you want to split your external SD Card so part is used as Adoptable Storage, and the remaining part is used as Portable Storage, you'll have to use ADB to format the drive. Otherwise, if you let Android format your SD Card as internal storage it will assign the entire SD card as Adoptable Storage.

Check out this blog for more information.

http://blog.sam.liddicott.com/2016/02/android-6-semi-adopted-storage.html

If you've been using Adoptable Storage, post up your pros and cons.
>>
Nice blog
>>
But they still don't let me copy from a USB OTG drive to local/allow apps to use data from a USB OTG.
>>
Makes everything allow as sot because you're limiting internal storage speed to the speed of the sd card.
Don't use it.
>>
>>54816349
Works fine for me.
>>
>>54816371

Bullshit, show me some citations and benchmarks to backup your claim that it slows the WHOLE phone down.
>>
>>54816371
>>54816405

I too would like some sauce
>>
>>54816444
>>54816405
It's well documented if you bothered to each for it, there's a reason the big OEMs have disabled it by default.
Here's one of the more in depth explanations if you care enough to read it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4g6yt4/guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/
>>
>>54816533
anecdotes, but i'll take it. on my moto g it broke my 1 month old SD, and that somehow broke my computers SD card slot (could also have been when I blew into it hard?)
>>
File: starTACAndroid.jpg (221 KB, 317x1024) Image search: [Google]
starTACAndroid.jpg
221 KB, 317x1024
When I upped to 6.0 I went for adoptable.
Don't know if it was my tab but it was shit.

When plugging into a PC only the SD card showed up so it seemed like I lost half the storage.
Android became obsessed with the SD card, putting everything on it.

Seemed like a good idea but was just shit for me, went back to external sd card.
>>
>>54816781
It should put everthing on the card unless you specially set it to. You can format your SD Card so its half internal and half Portable.

RTFM.
>>
All I know is ever since I updated to MM I have to manually pick "file transfer" on the phone every time I want to use it as a flash drive. Fucking annoying.
>>
I haven't needed a SD card fortunately. 16gb is enough as I prefer to do most tasks on a computer.

>>54816884
This. I even made file transfer the default in settings but it had no effect.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.