[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emacs or Vim?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ruined.jpg (199 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
ruined.jpg
199 KB, 600x399
I've been slowly learning vim over a couple of years and ocasionally look over at emacs and wonder if its something I should be familiar with. Vim or vi is usually shipped standard with most linux distros and I can't really see any good reason to learn a second set of autistic key combinations. From a glance it looks like emacs avoided vim's 3 mode brand of special but it doesn't seem like theres a clear advantage to one over the other.
>>
Nice blog m8 now fuck off
>>
Oh you saw the latest episode of Silicon Valley too huh
>>
>>54815805
do you like vim? stick with it.
do you dislike vim? try emacs.

personally, i like vim. my uni made us try both and vim just stuck, so i never went back trying emacs again because i was never unhappy with what i had. whatever you do, though, i would suggest you avoid trying to solve non-existant problems; they say you should pick an editor and git gud with it instead of changing your tools all the time and never learn any of them properly.
>>
>>54816005
m'lady
>>
>>54815805
grass is greener
>>
Emacs is better, get over it vimcucks.

You can install emacs everywhere. And that one time in your life where you have to do an SSH login and edit a few config files on a remote, you can use nano or ed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.