[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No troll, Linux is terrible.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>/g/ said to install Linux
>Install ubuntu
After clean install and a restart I get numerous crash/error reports
>do an update
>Still the same amount of error reports

>Install steam
>Crash reports, it won't work

>Get a driver for nvidia card
>Crash report, it doesn't work, no fixes for the past 4 years

>install anything
>crash report

Why in the fuck would ANYONE recommend Loonux? It's so fucking shitty, Windows has never given me this many error reports in the past 5 years I used it.

If Linux ever wants to ever be taken more seriously it needs to get over these silly issues otherwidse the only thing Linux will ever be known for is just a distro for browsing the Internet, which Mac or Win can do easily.
>>
>>54809414
Works for me OP, you must've fucked up.
>>
>>54809414
>I'm too retarded it to use it correctly therefore its bad
>>
>>54809587
what a dum frogposter xddd
>>
>>54809414
implying
>ubuntu
>>
>>54809414

Don't we have multiple threads very much like this every single day?

Are these fuckers just shills or are there really this many idiots coming here every day?
>>
>>54809414
>ubuntu
>video games
>nvidia
>pepe

and here we have our standard 15 year old meme machine
>>
>>54809414
Linux is basically a Facebook Machine. Throw anything more than Facebook at it and it will crack under pressure.
>>
>>54809717
>>54810101
If you get multiple people complaining about the same thing why in the fuck wouldn't you suspect something is wrong with it?

If someone was selling a new car that needed to be fixed ever 25 minutes, lights didn't work, needed to be jumped and couldn't drive in a straight line then you would bet no one would use it.
>>
>>54810133
These threads don't add anything of value 95% of the time. Why do they come here to complain and fill our board with useless shitposts?
>>
File: 1464290243741.jpg (14 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1464290243741.jpg
14 KB, 323x323
Let's break it down. Let's say you are getting a driver for you nvidia/amd card

For windows
-Download driver
-Install
-Done

Apple
-It's already downloading for you
-Wait
-Your done

Loonuts
-Download the appropriate version (e.g. Linux_x86 / Linux_x86_64) of driver.
Logout X window and login text mode terminal (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F1)
-Kill X window (e.g. /etc/init.d/lightdm stop )
-Remove nvidia-xxx packages (e.g. dpkg --purge nvidia-* )
-Change the file mode of the downloaded file (e.g. chmod 700 NVIDIA-*.run )
Execute the downloaded file and follow its instruction to install the driver.
-Execute nvidia-xconfig to generate /etc/X11/xorg.conf
-Restart X window (e.g. /etc/init.d/lightdm start )

Also note that this will most likely won't even work anyway, and if you do it's for Linux's 5 games they have and you will be using WINE for pretty much everything.

Loonbugs is pretty much only useful for watching movies and browsing sites.
>>
>>54810255
:o)
>>
>>54810278
Is that a nose or a cyclops with dot eyebrows.
>>
>>54810304

It's a cyclops, my nigger.

What kind of human has a ball shaped nose like that? You only see those on clowns.
>>
>>54809414
>Computer illiterate newfag
>Used windows for 5 years only
Back to >>>/v/ retard. Obviously you need your babbycare OS to rely on
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.