[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> I7 4710hq >980m How long will this last me untill i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160529_232546.jpg (3 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_232546.jpg
3 MB, 4096x2304
> I7 4710hq

>980m

How long will this last me untill i need to upgrade.
Also battlestation thread.
>>
When the plastic starts melting it's time to upgrade to a desktop.
>>
File: 2_cute.jpg (28 KB, 74x75) Image search: [Google]
2_cute.jpg
28 KB, 74x75
>>54805659
>Alienware
Probably 1-2 years at then it will start to fail all over.
Ports will need a delicate touch to function, then keyboard will go, but hopefully your cooling solution will survive. You might need to clean it out and repaste the thermal compound, but I doubt you will need to go that far to make it last. It will probably shit itself before it cooks itself.
>>
OP here. This monstrosity was due to a combination of me having to move alot which is why i have a laptop and no money which is why i have such a dank ass keyboard. More to the laptop , This thing has withstoop so much abuse that i've wondered how it's still alive.
>>
not understandin the whole "alienware will break and is garbage" scene. It's a laptop, just as good as any other shitty asus or msi.And in my case cost a little over 1400$ back in mid 2015
>>
there already is a battlestation thread
>>
>>54805659
You should alrady upgrade. The 980M can't even compete a 970 and we'll soon see Titan X performance on the spot where the 1070 is.

Why laptop? If you need mobile, get at least a 980 laptop. Or 1080, I bet they will make a MXM 1080 with full shaders.
>>
>laptop
>for gaming

Also your processor sounds good on paper, but it's a mobile processor at the end of the day, probably around the same performance as a i5 4460, which isn't bad. But the 980M is weaker than the 970, probably somewhere between the lines of a 960 and a 970.

You should be fine for the next 3 years if you play at medium/high, but don't expect to run the latest AAA games on ultra.

Concentrate on your studies/business trip/developing/editing and leave gaming to be done at your comfy home.
>>
File: Laptop 18.4.jpg (303 KB, 700x755) Image search: [Google]
Laptop 18.4.jpg
303 KB, 700x755
>>54805754
>>54805754
>>54805754
>Probably 1-2 years at then it will start to fail all over.

Someone's a jealous little kiddo. Mine is 3 years old and I never once had a single issue.
>>
About 2 years maybe 3 tops.

Mobile gpus are shit in terms of longevity compared to desktop gpus
>>
>>54809035
>Mxm 1080 with full shaders

If they can cram this and a desktop CPU into a laptop I'd happily ditch my desktop for it.
>>
>>54805659
>>>/v/
>>
>>54810307
Clearly you don't know what mxm means. The GPU is in an large clunky external encagement. They are also very expensive. You'll have a big hot brick that needs to be plugged in to use and when it's all said and done your system will cost 3x that of an equivalent desktop. Fuck, you could get a very capable laptop and an equal desktop for less.
>>
>>54805659
>There are people that are this unconscious of their own self.
>>
>>54810184
>probably somewhere between the lines of a 960 and a 970
Closer to the 970 than the 960
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.