[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are touchscreen laptops/hybrids just a meme? I want to replace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: microsoft-surface-pro-4-21.jpg (55 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-surface-pro-4-21.jpg
55 KB, 770x433
Are touchscreen laptops/hybrids just a meme? I want to replace my old laptop and having a full sized desktop OS in a tablet format is pretty neat but are they worth the price for the specs you get?
>>
>>54786903
100% meme unless you're an artist.
>>
Yes, they are simply forced by marketing teams. Stick with a laptop.
>>
Do you like having a tablet?
Do you like having a laptop?
If yes, the just grab one. Just test it doesn't run like ass beforehand.
>>
>hurr is x a meme
kill yourself
>>
>>54786903
Some of them are plain shit, some of them are neat.
You're not going to do heavy tasks on them, but casual browsing, office, mail and all that casual shit, this is the right machine for it
Obviously I wouldn't trade one of these for a full size desktop, but I would buy one of these instead of a sub 500 laptop any day

also OP, your thread, your attitude and your life are shit
>>
>>54786903
You're going to pay more than for an equivalently specced laptop. It's a nice gimmick to have though depending on what you use it for.
>>
>>54786903
I'd like one if only for the novelty of having a pseudo-laptop with a vertical screen.
>>
>>54786984
This. A few years back touchscreens became popular on smartphones, so manufacturers had the great idea to try to put touchscreen in EVERYTHING. Maybe something sticks, you know.

I mean, it's nice to try new things, but it seems like manufacturers don't really invest in their idea. They just glue shit together and hope that someone else knows what to do with it. I believe it's one of the reasons why Apple is so popular, they at least try to come up with a way to use the new gimmicky shit they put in their devices every other year.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.