[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is a commercial monitor? I suspect they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: large01.jpg (54 KB, 750x480) Image search: [Google]
large01.jpg
54 KB, 750x480
What the fuck is a commercial monitor? I suspect they're only good for powerpoint presentations and blur every movement. I don't have a tv and I have a chance to buy LG M4210l for 175$. Specs:
>Screen Size 42"
>Panel Technology IPS
>Aspect Ratio 16 : 9
>Native Resolution 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
>Brightness 500cd/m2
>Contrast Ratio 1300:1
>Dynamic CR 3000:1
>Viewing Angle(H x V) 178 x 178
>Response Time 9 ms(G to G)
Would it be enough for watching movies and occasional gaming?
>>
>>54773756
>Screen Size 42"
>Native Resolution 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
My sides.
>>
>monitor at the size of 42
>1080p at the size of 42
>not buying a 1440p or 144hz screen at the year of 2016

I mean cmon senpai invest a little more and get a better one.
>>
>>54773756
Seems good enough desu
>>
>>54773835
>>54773821
what? that's pretty standard. where have you even seen TVs with higher resolution? no broadcast or digital disc supports it
>>
>>54773889
welcome to /g/
>>
>>54773756
Very often they're the same panels as you'd find in an ordinary TV, they're just lacking the decoder for TV signals and have the brightness turned way the fuck up. I've been looking at them to avoid the TV license in my country because I never watch TV.
>>
>>54774164
>TV License
>>
>>54774164
are you fr?
>>
>>54774600
Probably Brit.
>>
>>54774664
>license
>not "licence"
I'm sure he/she's not brit.
>>
>>54773756

Those monitors at Wendy's bro...

It's like looking at a photo, 4k?
>>
>>54774600
Norwegian/Irish, bounce between the two countries.
>>54774876
Never quite sure which spelling is correct, despite having looked it up hundreds of times. Also
>Women on the internet
>>
>>54773756
Commercial monitor mean they are supposed to be always on with no failure.
>>
>>54775156
I wonder if broadcast monitors are subject to TV licensing... they have HD-SDI, HDMI/DVI, Component/RGBHV and composite inputs but they lack tuner inputs.
>>
>>54775293
I haven't had a tv for over 10 years, but don't people just get a separate tuner from their broadcast provider anyway?
>>
>>54775293
Depends on the laws in your country. A monitor like that is exempt from the TV licence fee in Norway and Ireland. I envy the British their laws though, as they can just tell the licencing body that they simply don't watch live TV.
>>
>>54775466
>I envy the British their laws though, as they can just tell the licencing body that they simply don't watch live TV.
why don't you just envy countries that aren't commie enough to have a tv tax?
>>
>>54775495
Because the BBC, NRK and to a (much) lesser extent RTE produce good, solid programmes. They'd be well worth the TV licence if I were to actually watch them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.