[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alarm clocks are technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hf3520.jpg (133 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hf3520.jpg
133 KB, 1000x1000
Do any of you have a light alarm clock like the phillips HF3500 or HF3520? I've been looking at getting one as i wake up in a dark room. Do they help? Is the 3520 worth double the price?
>>
>>falling for the waking up meme
>>
>>54759476
I just wake up when I get tired holding my pee in.
>>
>>54760255
>>54760548
sometimes you need to wake up early enough to get to work
>>
I have the hf3520, was definitely worth it. Makes waking up a lot less stressful. I think the only difference from the cheaper one is that this one goes red-yellow-white in its sunrise simulation, while the cheaper one goes yellow-white, and I am not sure whether this actually matters.
>>
That's what my phone is for. Are you one of those silly people who use actual watches and notepads too?
>>
File: Isabelle.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Isabelle.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1067
>>54760785
>waking up
>>
>>54760977
Thanks, As far as i can tell the differences are the color and the touch controls tv buttons of the cheaper, not sure those are worth an extra $60 but it does look sleeker.

>>54761079
>being a neet

>>54761055
A phone alarm works fine but it's more difficult waking up in a dark room.
>>
>>54761079
That kinda looks like my gf
>>
>>54760977
Have this one as well. I'll say that it makes me less cranky when getting up, and I do feel less sleepy during the day, but the downsides are the buttons on the sides do need some precision to tap in the mornings, especially when you're staring at a bright light.
>>
>wagecuck problems
>>
>>54759476
It's snake oil.
>>
>>54759476
Are there any apps that can mimic this effect? I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult to program, save maybe the colored lighting.
>>
>>54761653
it could be done, but it wouldnt be nearly as useful.

these things can light up a room when near or at full brightness. your phone screen isnt strong enough to achieve the same results. neither brightness nor the ability to affect the eye/brain into thinking its daylight (unless you strapped it to your face while you slept)
>>
>>54761707
Makes sense. That's a shame.
>>
>>54761653
>>54761767
i was considering getting an arduino or something and some strip lights and doing it myself but seeing as the cheaper one is only $60 it wouldn't provide much savings and would be difficult/time consuming/expensive to get a nice looking product.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.