[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished 2 years of comp sci and want to make some apps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: ios.png (6 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
ios.png
6 KB, 292x173
I just finished 2 years of comp sci and want to make some apps over the summer. I know some java and some c/c++. I have a preference to make it on ios but am wondering if one is more difficult to learn than the other. Thanks for any help.
>>
>>54751752
self bump pls hlp
>>
>>54751752
It's probably the easiest platform to get into. You need a Mac. The apple developer website has insane amounts of documentation.
My favorite bit is that they even have whole sample apps that they build step by step showing you concepts and code at once.
Being able to visially manipulate the interface at first is awesome too fopr beginners. And there are few platforms with as much good documentation to build for.
>>
>>54752076
Just what I wanted to ehar. I have a mac also. Thanks for the help
>>
>>54751752
Have you considered Xamarin? It uses c# which is a very good and quite approachable language and covers all popular platforms while maintaining all native capabilities.
>>
>>54752076
What about android development? Anywhere with sample apps?
>>
>CS student
>uses mac
The memes make sense now
>>
>>54754992
Seriously. So sad.
>>
>>54754992
>>54755042
http://youtu.be/fVrQdz_x9hs
>>
>>54755042
>>54754992
Thinkpad memers arrived. They sure are jelly they cannot try iOS development while >memac student can do anything they can on his >memashine
>>
>>54755081
Try to include support for 3D touch too
>>
>>54755054

Someone spent a hell of a lot of time animating this. Just think about that.
>>
>>54754992
OP here, I use a mac because I like its battery and its great for portability. I'm typing this on my main computer that I keep at my desk space. pls leave gentoo cuck
>>
>>54754871
How well would this suit me considering I'm not very good at coding yet? I think somewhere that has plenty of documentation and is widely used would make for easier learing.
>>
>>54755054
DELETE THIS NOW!!
>>
>>54755054
>totally nails Thinkfags on these board
>2013
woah /g/ you have been a meme for at least 3 years and counting holy shit
>>
>>54757156
>Hey guys I'm new here (v:
>>
>>54754925
Don't bother with Android development. Android Studio is slow as molasses. There are tons of undocumented behavior. It's very difficult to get one app to work well on every Android system. Making GUIs is a PITA.
>>
>>54757206
If one already knows some basic java (and some java GUI stuff), would you say it's still easier to experiment with iOS apps using Xcode and swift/obj c than dealing with Android Studio?
>>
>>54757380
Op here seconding that, but I know the fundamentals of c also.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.