[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm buying a new monitor, got a few problems >curre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1463077257206.png (504 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463077257206.png
504 KB, 800x600
I'm buying a new monitor, got a few problems

>currently my main rig is a 4 year old laptop with a 660m
>cant buy a 1080p 144 hz because cant ouput nearly 144 hz
>dad is autistic and says buying non 4k IPS is for dumbasses because everyone at his workplace uses 4k

So right now I'm looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-P2715Q-27-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00PC9HFO8

I can downscale the 4k to 1080p perfectly with my laptop until I get a better rig

is there anything bad with this? would it look bad? is it good to future proof this hardcore? etc
>>
>>54730181
>>dad is autistic and says buying non 4k IPS is for dumbasses because everyone at his workplace uses 4k
>dad
Refer to global rule #2.
>>
>>54730216
I'm 22, did you father die the second you turned 18 or something?
>>
>>54730223
The what the fuck does your dad have to do with your purchasing a monitor ?
You're a shitty liar.
>>
>>54730233
because we live together and I discuss things with him and he gives me advice (which may be bad)?

not everyone has shitty relationships with their parents dumbfuck
>>
Also, does anyone like 21:9 monitors? How a QHD 21:9 compare to a 4k?
>>
bamp
>>
>>54730181
Wait, what's going on?

>You need monitor.
>Main rig is laptop.
Doesn't the laptop have a screen already? If so, then why not save your money to get a full system?

Story?

Anyways...

Both options, 4K and 144hz, are pointless to get now. You can't take advantage of the 144hz refresh rate and you can't take advantage of the 4K resolution. If you absolutely need a monitor ASAP because the laptop's screen went poof, go on craigslist and find a cheapo used monitor. If not, then wait until you've got the hardware with enough oomph to push 144hz or 4K.
>>
>>54730526
I just wanna future proof my stuff, Ill be gettin ga new rig in a couple of months but my monitor is super shitty and I really want something new.
>>
>>54730279
it's 2560x1080.
>>
>>54730719
Yeah but like... is it good? How is it for browsing websites/etc? Does arch support it well?
>>
I think getting a 4k monitor would be fine. Just don't expect to play games at 4k resolution. Just make sure you're using your dGPU for everything when plugged into the screen for the best experience - it should be just fine for general usage
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.