[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I realize this isn't tech support but I'm not terribly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Weyland Yutani.png (221 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Weyland Yutani.png
221 KB, 1024x576
I realize this isn't tech support but I'm not terribly experienced with computers and I'm not sure how to accomplish what it is I want to.

I'm starting a new build that is going to be a "Weyland-Yutani" themed computer from the Aliens movie. On startup, I would like the computer to boot and run through (nonsensical) lines of code and such, before having the Weyland-Yutani logo (with the computer voice saying "Weyland-Yutani, building better worlds) pop into view.

I don't know how to accomplish this. It is going to be a gaming rig so I'd like to run Windows on it, but on the other hand I feel like the only way to accomplish that level of customization would be to install Linux.

>tl;dr
I want a custom boot-up sequence that won't have the Windows logo anywhere in it. Is it possible to somehow customize Windows boot-up screens or does it literally have to be Linux?
>>
You can make a simple text file and give it the extension ".bat" to make it an executable batch file. A shortcut to that in your Startup folder (in the Start menu) will make it open on startup. The contents of the file will run inside of a terminal window. Using the "echo" command you can make the terminal print out whatever text you want, including an ASCII version of the Weyland-Yutani logo. It can also call a sound file to play at the same time.

To hide the Windows logo and what not, go to Start -> Run -> and type "msconfig." There's a checkbox somewhere in there for taking away the graphical stuff during the Windows bootup.
>>
>>54725966
Alright, thanks. But is there no way to open an actual graphic like pic related?
>>
>>54726023
There is, but that's an answer you should be able to find straight from Google. I only explained the other stuff because it was more involved than a one-step task.
>>
>>54725966
Basically I don't just want the nonsensical code and stuff, I want to make it look like a startup sequence of some fictional "Weyland-Yutani" OS.

It doesn't bother me if it's really difficult. I'm not starting the build until next year so I've got time to work through any and all problems in this process.
>>
>>54726050
Alright thank you. I tried googling this stuff earlier but I mostly got shit telling me how to customize the background graphic of my Windows login screen and shit and that's not really what I wanted. I'll do some more research.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.