[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good resources for learning Java? I've already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Java_logo.png (7 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
Java_logo.png
7 KB, 259x259
What are some good resources for learning Java? I've already taken a couple programming courses at university where we only used C++ so I think I understand the basics (object-oriented programming, simple data structures), but where should I go from here? What are the "essentials" of java that one should know given a basic knowledge of C++?
>>
Thenewboston on the yewtewbs
>>
>>54713075
not sure if it's already too late, but java sucks.
>>
>>54713075
The streets of New Delhi.
>>
>>54713075
Head first java 2nd edition. It teaches java version 5 but if you read it properly and make your own mini-projects along the way, you will be able to implement anything from the api without help.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QLHt6mHfmg4x_h2am7ecg

This man exclusively codes in Java and is smarter than most people on this board.
>>
>>54713576
javan and python programmur here
why do u say Java sucks ?
>>
http://mooc.fi/english.html

Hands down the best Java course / introduction to programming ever. The one on Clojure is good too.
>>
>>54713097
>Thenewboston
His videos are dated to 2009. How relevant are they now?
>>
>>54714494
Java is just as shitty now as it was then, so still very relevant.
>>
>>54714520
Thanks.

>>54713625
Just bought it. How quick do you program in the book or are there several chapters that describe background info and slow to start programming?
>>
Learning algorithm complexity and data structures will be important. Understand sorting and lookup structures.
>>
>>54713075
The internets have been pretty good for resources in my opinion.
>>
google Real's How To

That website has snippets for just about anything you could possibly want to make with Java. They're pretty direct too, just not commented throughly.

Lemme see if I can find the link for you, I recall not being able to find it for a while.

http://www.rgagnon.com/howto.html

It's not aero designed or whatever but the info is good.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.