[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a discussion going on about all the wordpress insecurity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: wordpress.jpg (44 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
wordpress.jpg
44 KB, 500x357
Can we get a discussion going on about all the wordpress insecurity discoveries there have been over the years?
>>
>>54713061
I have a friend who owns an auto workshop and he had a wordpress site some fag he no longer speaks with made. In the last 5 months it's been hacked 4 times and every time i helped him remove the malware and restore his site. After the last incident i told him his website is fucked and the integrity of his files are gone.
Working on a new solution for him now using ASP.NET because i'm not an amateur
>>
WordPress auto-update is God.

>>54713098
What's his TCO going with you over just renting something like mechanic net? I'm assuming you're also going to be properly licensing out windows server?
>>
>>54713098
it's the current year, just use squarespace or wix
>>
>>54713061
here's an idea, don't install random Pajeet plugins, keep your installation up to date and server and don't use "Admin" "Password" for /wpadmin and it's pretty secure. Bloated, sure, but insecure? Not really.

>>54713098
>ASP.NET
>not an amateur
OK Grandpa

>>54713680
pls
>>
I always tell people not to use that fucking Wordpress shit but do they listen to Steve? No
>>
>>54714836
This. It's not like a static page generator won't suffice.
>>
>>54713098
If a site has been hacked restoring it is pointless. You have to change the cause of it. Which is most likely a shitty plugin.
>>
>>54713061

implying your pajeet tier spaghetti code made-from-scratch website is more secure.
>>
>>54715985
it probably is, at least most of the script kiddies will evade it
>>
>>54713098
How was it hosted? I've seen sites which will host with security packs including SSL.
>>
>>54716340
You can avoid script kiddies by updating your server regularly and avoiding pajeet plugins.
>>
Is there really any reason to go with anything other than wordpress due to the sheer amount of plugins available for it? It's relatively easy to troubleshoot, takes like 3 days to learn everything there is to it on its basic level.
http://cigan.in/
Took quite literally 20 mins on wordpress.
>>
>Have a dozen commerce stores made on WordPress for clients
>Never once gotten hacked because I don't write shit code, and use well-tested popular regularly updated plugins that weren't made by Rajesh and his friends
>>
> wordpress is an unauthenticated remote shell that, as a useful side feature, also contains a blog
>>
>>54719677

good one, redit
>>
why are all cmses in php?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.