[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad for your eyesight to read with a ereader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Is it bad for your eyesight to read with a ereader?
>>
>>54710657
it's bad not to.

/thread (I did it myself, you are welcome)
>>
File: aaaaaaaa.jpg (37 KB, 297x406) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaa.jpg
37 KB, 297x406
ye
>>
Reading things on any screen in the dark is going to cause eye strain. With decent ambient lighting and a large enough font size there should be no real problem.
>>
>>54710744
>Reading things on any screen in the dark is going to cause eye strain.
not with f.lux or red shifted leds
>>
Is a gen 2 paperwhite for 40 bucks worth? Or should I spring for a gen 3
>>
>>54710657
no, doing the opposite will hurt your eyes

in terms of eye strain, from most to least

>IPS display>>>AMOLED display>>>e-ink/paper with light>>>e-ink with device light and normal light
>>
No. But they'll make you sterile.
>>
It's pretty much the same as reading a book.
>>
>>54711005
>e-ink/paper with light>>>e-ink with device light and normal light
differentiate between these two moar plox
>>
Is there a cover charger for the paperwhite that does the same thing as the Oasis?
>>
>>54711078
eink with no "backlight" is just like looking at paper, physically. So reading with that or paper in low light is eye straining

some eink devices have "backlights" (I say this because they actually spread light from the bezel over the front of it, so it reflects to you but doesn't actually shine right at you) and they're very useful for increasing readability in both pitch darkness and low light conditions, even ones where you'd read normal paper anyway

buy a kobo glo hd
>>
Once I read my kindle paperwhite for 12 hours straight and had no problems.
>>
>>54711094

of course not then everyone would just buy the paperwhite
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.