[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone help me out here? Im messing with Excel and I cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ifthen.png (17 KB, 646x361) Image search: [Google]
ifthen.png
17 KB, 646x361
Can anyone help me out here?

Im messing with Excel and I cant figure out how to get it so that there are multiple inputs deciding one output. I guess I can do it the way I have in the image but I'm hoping theres a more efficient way, or a way to input that much info into this one square
>>
>>54709173
Wrong thread. Use:
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>54709173
>I'm hoping there's a more efficient way, or a way to input that much info into this one square
you can type into the equation bar the the top of the screen, instead of directly into the cell.

Your code is fine.

If you want it really short, you can write macros in VBA and given them names like functions, with arguments.

You can also do your calculation on another sheet, and just copy the result back to your main sheet with "=sheet(" etc
>>
>>54709205
Are you sure....

that sub looks like complete dog shit.

>>54709236
I want this one square to give me the results of that whole chart though. So that depending on the 3 inputs it chooses the right one. The way I did it would mean having to create a formula for each possible outcome. If i try to add them all it tells me I'm putting in way too many functions at once.
>>
>>54709173
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I think
=IF(AND(C3<=25,C4=1,C5>=91<=97), "Above Average")

would work.

Basically, using "*AND(ARGUMENT)" is pointless. AND returns true if ALL arguments are true, false otherwise, so there's really no point in using it with a single argument (it just returns the truth value of that single argument). You could use multiplication INSTEAD OF AND(), since multiplication of truth values happens to be equivalent to the AND function. However, the above code is probably the simplest, since the AND function can take any number of arguments, whereas the * operator can only take one.
>>
>>54710593
>
=IF(AND(C3<=25,C4=1,C5>=91<=97), "Above Average")

yeah it actually auto corrected me inot this way when I was attempteing ot format it in your way.

What im trying to do is each range of numbers is dependent on 3 factors being true. I want all the possible outcomes to be in one single box but when I write it like this I cant figure out how to put multiple options in.
>>
>>54712679
if has a 3rd option, "if false", you can embed other if's there
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.