[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>graduate from college >double majored in math and CS >take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: LeDespondentLizard.jpg (7 KB, 181x177) Image search: [Google]
LeDespondentLizard.jpg
7 KB, 181x177
>graduate from college
>double majored in math and CS
>take the most challenging courses I could
>best job offer is a web-dev job
>all the machine learning jobs require a graduate degree

who else fell for the CS meme?
>>
>>54706140
You did non-schoolwork projects and internships/co-ops right?
>>
>>54706140
Welcome to the real world aspie. Turns out the normies were on to something.
>>
>>54706140
Post a timestamped photo of your degree within 20 minutes or you're a lying fag.

I'm at 0% success rate for people to post their degrees, so far. It would appear they fabricate these stories.
>>
>>54706140
It's okay I graduated with a MS in CE and work for $10 at a shit office job.

I've been meaning to look for a better job because this shit is horrid
>>
>>54706140
We hear all the time about how there is a huge demand for developer jobs, but nobody ever said interesting or good ones.
>>
>>54706140
Kill yourself.
>>
Wew
>>
you dont go to study just for the qualification
connections, personal projects and work experience are a massively important part

think of the degree as broad, shallow knowledge and the extra parts as proof you can take the next step and actually use what you know
>>
>>54706267
Why would anyone need to prove to some random faggot on the internet that they have a degree?
>>
>>54706140
>all the machine learning jobs require a graduate degree

Then get one, retard.
>>
>>54706208
>Turns out the normies were on to something.

It's not what you know, or how well you can do something. It's the political and social connections that get you anywhere.

Which is the actual opposite if what I was taught by my parents while I was growing up.

Carly Fiorina's incompetence is miles fucking wide, and just as deep, yet she's still rich even after years of being unemployable as a CEO /anywhere/ on the planet and possibly this universe.
>>
>tfw graduate with a B.S. in Comp Sci, w/ a minor in math and naval science
>tfw free college b/c NROTC
>tfw commission as an officer
>tfw get to be a pilot

Everything worked out pretty well. I fucking hated comp sci too, but I thought that since I liked video games and computers and shit it would be easy. Big mistake, but by the time I realized it, it was too late to change majors.

Thank god I get to be a pilot, b/c if I had to find a job with my degree I'd be fucked. I didn't do any programming or learning outside of the bare minimum required to pass the classes.

The bright side is I got to honestly enjoy my college experience by going out most weekends with friends.
>>
>>54707346
>This is what my grandma says I thought the USA was better than Mexico fuck
>>
>>54706140
I majored in pure math too.
>>
>>54706140
I am not american so I dont understand. Did you actually get a degree or just some certificate? How many years was your college? 4?
Why dont you go to real university and get real degree?

>machine learning
What stops you from applying your knowledge and programming next generation AI? Do you actually need to be employed full time to be able to do this?
>>
File: 1384321749253.png (572 KB, 867x806) Image search: [Google]
1384321749253.png
572 KB, 867x806
>he fell for the college meme instead of the nepotism meme

It's all your fault.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.