[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does the ambient temperature of a room affect your computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 36-1900863.jpg (19 KB, 600x486) Image search: [Google]
36-1900863.jpg
19 KB, 600x486
How much does the ambient temperature of a room affect your computer temperatures? I just bought some blackout blinds for my bedroom, and my room has gone from about 85F/29C to 70F/21C. I'm interested to see how this will affect temperatures of my PC.
>>
>>54704450
Ambient temperature absolutely matters, fans and heatsinks can't coo the PC to below ambient temperatures.
>>
>>54704450
Probably lower it by about 8°C. It makes a big difference.

You might also sleep better.
>>
You're comp can only be as cold as the surroundings
>>
>>54707505
He is a Computer, woah...
>>
File: Frink.png (68 KB, 220x445) Image search: [Google]
Frink.png
68 KB, 220x445
Take 2 bowls of hot soup. Put one in a convection oven preheated to 425℉, and the other in the freezer.
See which one gets cold faster.
>Yeah. They got fans.
>>
>>54704450
Ffs just run a stress test and see it by yourself.
Normally, your hardware during idle will be something like 3-5C higher than ambient temperature if you have normal airflow. The better cooling setup you have, the less difference with ambient you will get, but you won't go below ambient unless you are involving some crazy and overkill fans and radiators configuration. And this affects you maximum load temperatures as well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.