[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Usb won't mount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hey guys just installed manjaro, in the process i fucked up and deleted mig windows partition, now i wanna make a bootable usb so i can install the botnet again. But when i plug in the usb it don't show up in nemo, what do? Have tried lsblk and fdisk -l and nothing show up
What do?
>>
Should i try rebooting my pc?
>>
We are not tech support, read the rules and enjoy your ban
>>
>>54702620
I'm sure you've asked some dumb question too here on /g/ so stfu
>>
dmesg after you penetrate a USB port with it, see if it shows up. If there's nothing in there to do with USB immediately afterwards, the kernel / driver isn't seeing it so just assume it's dead and kill yourself.
>>
>>54702648
>Im sure you did that too so its OK
Underage b&
>>
>>54702573
Reinstall Windows
Never touch Linux again

I learned that lesson the hard way. Lost years of my research and work data dating back to my degree days.

Fuck Arch Linux.
>>
>>54702732
Arch is fine, i ran antergos before without any problem.
>>
File: 1461753787619.jpg (58 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1461753787619.jpg
58 KB, 450x472
>>54702732
>>
>>54702732
>I didn't back up my important data before trying to install a different OS
If I had any reaction images on my phone you'd be getting a belter and feeling like quite the fool right about now, Timmy.
>>
>>54702765
It worked fine in VM, I was trying to dual boot. I followed the wiki instructions properly. When GRUB installed and reboot, it only detected Arch, Windows 10 was not listed.
>>
>>54702798
Ever considered the option that grub just didn't detect the windows partition you colossal niger?
>>
>>54702798
You could have booted into Arch and solved that in ten minutes.

But I suppose it's unreasonable to expect you to have known that. Should have started with Ubuntu or something my nigz.
>>
>>54702798
>something didn't work
>as expected when you're using a somewhat volatile and complex system
>I didn't prepare for it even though I was messing with my hard drive
>I didn't even bother to look for a solution
>le system is responsible for my fuck ups
Man up, kid, I've fucked up my shit more times than I can care to remember both because of shitty automated installers, hardware, and my own faullt most of the time and everytime I would properly do a backup before wiping my hard drive.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.