[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you still use shitty plastic laptops that fall apart after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1441339722101.png (201 KB, 555x339) Image search: [Google]
1441339722101.png
201 KB, 555x339
Why do you still use shitty plastic laptops that fall apart after 1 years use?
>>
>>54692063
I don't, nigger.

>e6440 master race
>>
File: HP_Elitebook_8770w.png (4 MB, 2576x2220) Image search: [Google]
HP_Elitebook_8770w.png
4 MB, 2576x2220
>>54692063
Nobody here does that.
>>
>>54692063
I don't. I have two ThinkPads from 2012 and two netbooks in near perfect condition.
>>
>>54692063
If I buy a cheap plastic laptop for 200 it means I get to buy a new one every year. Spend 1000 on a macbook pro and you only get to buy a shiny new toy once every 5 years. consumerism is fun
>>
>>54692063
>he uses a laptop
>current year

Didn't you get the memo? iPad Pro is all the rage now.
>>
There is no device more disgusting than a mid-2000s silver plastic laptop where the paint is worn off around the edges and you can see the shitty white plastic, cracked where the hinges connect to the plastic panel and unevenly shiny from use. Eww.
>>
>>54692063
Seven year old hp elitebook 2730p here. Working like a charm.
>>
>>54692099
>Kensington lock
does it really do anything? I hear they're really easy to pick
>>
>>54692159
They aren't for leaving laptops laying around.

They are to deter niggers who can run faster than you from running up and grabbing your shit off your lap and NBAing it out the door.
>>
>>54692063
after having a laptop from 2001 finally start to really fall apart in 2009, and then the laptop I bought to replace still working just fine other than it being slow as fuck (that's moreso because I bought a slow machine, having used a box from 2001 for nearly years), I then got two Acer laptops once I needed more power (one right after the other)

never fucking again
first one still works, but it's held together with ducttape and prayers
the other is deader than dead (real shame too, it was rather fast and cost fuck-all), although it's physically fine
it just doesn't come up at all

>>54692140
you know, you're probably right
I've a lot of family members with machines that look exactly like that, they're fucking nasty.
>>
Elitebook 8440p reporting in. Nice laptop but 2 buttons for clitmouse make it useless pretty much. I had to get used to touchpad again, coming from thinkpads. I also have compaq nx7400, which is mid tier (neither consumerist, nor business) which is pretty ancient (2006/7). Still works but I don't have any use for it anymore.
>>
>>54692063
god i want that laptop so bad
I can't wait to see if they go for cheap within the next year. I'll buy two
>>
>>54692063

Can you upgrade the storage on this thing, or are you forced to use the cloud?
>>
>>54692376
no, but you can get 64gb of storage and get an SD card for media
>>
>>54692159
Deters crimes of opportunity. The amount of time required to learn to pick that lock is less than it would take to find someone else's laptop to steal. It's like putting an alarm system on your house. If someone is desperate enough, they will find a way to get past it, but why do that when they can just rob your neighbors instead with 1/3 the effort.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.